This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autopilot data
I'm trying to configure 1.1 on the boat and it's driving me nuts!
I can't get my mqtt in and cpu utilisation is hitting 100% causing ocpn to hang. My biggest problem is that I can't seem to get autopilot course info out. I've installed the signal K to nmea plugin and configured it to generate RMB but I simply don't see the RMB sentence anywhere in the system when I see a route arrive in OCPN.
Any pointers gratefully received otherwise it's back to 0.17.1 (which did work) while I regain my sanity [emoji24]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
(2018-08-14, 09:29 AM)affinite Wrote: I'm trying to configure 1.1 on the boat and it's driving me nuts!
I can't get my mqtt in and cpu utilisation is hitting 100% causing ocpn to hang. My biggest problem is that I can't seem to get autopilot course info out. I've installed the signal K to nmea plugin and configured it to generate RMB but I simply don't see the RMB sentence anywhere in the system when I see a route arrive in OCPN.
Any pointers gratefully received otherwise it's back to 0.17.1 (which did work) while I regain my sanity [emoji24]

Is there anything creating the route in signalk? Doesn't opencpn need to create the RMB sentences? 

https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p..._autopilot

Is the autopilot on a com port? If so could you send straight to that from opencpn?
https://sailoog.gitbooks.io/openplotter-...pilot.html
Paddy your ideas have helped me remember that I need to define an output connection in OCPN. Do you know what data port and type I need to set?