This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issues with the Original Raspberry 7'' Touch Display
Hi!

I use the original 7'' Touch display on my boat. Actually, I have several issues with the touch handling and backlight.

1. rightclick
I can't enable the touch rightclick. I tried it with the tutorial from the raspbery foundation https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio...hooting.md, pasted below.

2. zoom gestures
No zoom gestures possible

3. Backlight handling
I found a program in github to manage the backlight. Unfortunately it is not working. https://github.com/jakeh12/rpi-backlight

The funny thing is, that the touch things were working correctly in an earlier installation. Same with backlight on/off and two-finger zoom in opencpn.
And further more the screen resolution is not detected automatically any more. I have to force it in the config.txt.

Is it possible, that all this is a screen driver problem?
How to test and fix?

best regards,

Martin

HOW DO I ENABLE RIGHT CLICK?

You can emulate a right click with a setting change. Just:

sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Paste in:

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "calibration"
Driver "evdev"
MatchProduct "FT5406 memory based driver"

Option "EmulateThirdButton" "1"
Option "EmulateThirdButtonTimeout" "750"
Option "EmulateThirdButtonMoveThreshold" "30"
EndSection
Hit CTRL+X and y to save. Then:

sudo reboot
Once enabled, right click works by pressing and holding the touchscreen and will be activated after a short delay.
Meanwhile I can give some answers by myself:

1. this rightclick solution does not work on jessie, only on wheezy. I installed "twofingers", rightclick ist working now.

2. backlight handling with rpi-backlight is running fine. I did sudo apt-get update and upgrade before.

What I am still looking for is a solution for a screensaver, that switches the backlight off after a while. And a finction, that wakes the display up, when touchin the display...
If you have upgraded maybe you have back to the default state for screensaver.
To turn off the screensaver:

edit /etc/kbd/config:

BLANK_TIME=0
POWERDOWN_TIME=0

add to /home/pi/.config/lxsession/LXDE-pi/autostart:

@xset s noblank
@xset s off
@xset -dpms