This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TCP In from iPad
Hi Chris,

Sounds like I might have a redundant UDP inbound connection on kplex/OP that I don't need, and could instead simply use the standard, preconfigured one. I will need to give that a go when I get on the boat at the weekend. It was supposed to be a weekend set aside to start more significant changes/upgrades to cabins - but I guess I'll be fiddling with fun electronics instead... Smile

As mentioned in an earlier post - I aspire to be able to control the autopilot (Dodge functions) from my AppleWatch for the occasions I'm solo and on deck fiddling with anchors or sails. I've started down this approach using the WilhelmSK app. Scott, who produces it, is being very helpful looking at a new SignalK pluggin to try and use my existing 0183 feed from OP to my Raymarine AP to achieve this. Should be cool if it works. He charges $20 for the app, but can't really fault the support.

Unfortunately seeing all the gauges available got me carried away and I went a bit mad on Amazon buying 1W sensors for the engine and other sensors. Doesn't sound like I'll get much else done at the weekend.
Hi John,

yes I understand playing with these cheap electronics can be addictive, especially after getting used to marine equipment being 10X what you expect to pay. I have spent a lot of time making mechanical stuff on the same principle. A wingen mount for my mizzen, a whisker pole from a windsurfing mast and an own designed flopper stopper.

Have yet to start on adding sensors but I'm sure it will not be long.