This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kindle Paperwhite as KIP Cockpit Display
(2019-12-02, 03:58 AM)NahanniV Wrote: 10.10.10.8:3000
264index.html:390 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'belowKeel' of undefined
   at getPriorities (index.html:390)
   at XMLHttpRequest.xhttp.onreadystatechange (index.html:110)
getPriorities @ index.html:390
xhttp.onreadystatechange @ index.html:110
XMLHttpRequest.send (async)
(anonymous) @ index.html:105
setInterval (async)
startRequestDataServer @ index.html:82
(anonymous) @ index.html:879

Hrmph. Apparently it does not work at all if you have no depth data. You can probably skip over this error by adding a fake environment.depth.belowKeel entry in your defaults.json, but not sure.

As this is not something I wrote I am not going to start supporting it. The idea is nice I think, I wish somebody would pick this project up and add a bit of functionality (more extended settings; pick any path and any unit conversion) and make it more robust. The app is not complex, should be doable for somebody learning JavaScript and HTML5.

(2019-12-02, 06:29 PM)Sailoog Wrote: I have installed it from SK apps store and it seems to work but no data because right now I have not wind speed or depth and it seems that these are the defaults. Is there any way of changing these defaults without editing the html file? I think this app is really interesting and could be added to openplotter-dashboards app. Having settings in "SK server plugin config" would be great.

Press the cogwheel to access settings (layout, units) and night mode. No way to change the set of data shown.

Settings are stored in localstorage in device, I don't think a separate configuration page in server admin would be the best solution here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kindle Paperwhite as KIP Cockpit Display - by tkurki - 2019-12-03, 08:27 PM