This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vnh20sp30
If I define VNH2SP30 in the latest motor.ino from github, the measured controller voltage goes down by a factor 4.7 (resulting in BAD VOLTAGE), but the controller temp goes up by a factor 2.6. If I undefine VNH2SP30, I get correct readings for both measures. My question: how can I use the pwm_style=2 modus without messing up or disabling my readings? Thx!

Background:
D4/shunt_sense is pulled low, D5/low_current and D12/voltage_sense are left open.

When I switched to the new motor.ino I had to set DIV_BOARD to 1 otherwise I would get a NO MOTOR CONTROLLER message (I could see RxD light but no TxD light on the nano). I don't think this is relevant but it might be anyway.
EDIT: as per 09-APR-2020 this is no longer a variable that needs to be set.

It also occurred to me that D10/enable_pin, while giving an output signal, was high-impedance when engaged. Changing line 627 of motor.ino to pinMode(enable_pin, OUTPUT); now gives me a nice 5V signal when engaged, not depending on the load. I think you might want to change this one.
This might come in useful when building your own motor controller https://youtu.be/kpq53e9755s
(2020-04-01, 08:42 PM)ironman Wrote: My question: how can I use the pwm_style=2 modus without messing up or disabling my readings? Thx!

Figured it out, I think: changing line 387*) of motor.ino to 

Quote:if(ratiometric_mode)

that is, dropping the 'pwm_style == 2' clause, returns the correct readings of controller_temp and controller voltage. I also checked controller current and that is ok as well.

*) EDIT: in the 09-APR-2020 version of motor.init this is line 430