This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No actions triggering in openplotter 1.2.0 alpha??
Hello All,

I have playing for 24 hours now trying to send some signalK to the local MQTT broker.
I know the broker works fine and using:

mosquitto_pub -h 0.0.0.0 -p 1883 --username 'sgs' --pw 'erair' -t 'Time' -m "Hello"

works perfectly and I can remotely read the Topic from my computer so that is working fine.

But I have been trying for hours to have a trigger + action working and doing anything and it's simply not triggering or acting.
I have tried dates  with >= and <=. I have tried satellites count bigger and smaller than. I have been trying to publish stuff, send messages and e-mails and all the actions which I could possibly find in the list but nothing seems to trigger.

Is there something else I could check to make it work, what did I miss?

Thank you in advance,
(2018-11-08, 03:21 PM)theshade Wrote: Hello All,

I have playing for 24 hours now trying to send some signalK to the local MQTT broker.
I know the broker works fine and using:

mosquitto_pub -h 0.0.0.0 -p 1883 --username 'sgs' --pw 'erair' -t 'Time' -m "Hello"

works perfectly and I can remotely read the Topic from my computer so that is working fine.

But I have been trying for hours to have a trigger + action working and doing anything and it's simply not triggering or acting.
I have tried dates  with >= and <=. I have tried satellites count bigger and smaller than. I have been trying to publish stuff, send messages and e-mails and all the actions which I could possibly find in the list but nothing seems to trigger.

Is there something else I could check to make it work, what did I miss?

Thank you in advance,

Dear All,
I think I have found the solution of my problem just before I was humbled again..
Starting openplotter in debug mode I got this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/SK-base_d.py", line 1108, in <module>
if aktiv_N2K: SKN2K.N2K_cycle(tick2)
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/SK-base_d.py", line 368, in N2K_cycle
if self.akt127250: self.N2K.Send_Heading(self.navigation_headingMagnetic[1][2])
File "/home/pi/.config/openplotter/classes/N2K_send.py", line 71, in Send_Heading
self.set_data16(1, int(angle * 10000), angle)
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'NoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNoneNone'

So I looked into the pypilote and indeed I had the IMU only activated with the accelerometer not connected... as soon as I changed it to disabled I received 3000 MQTT publications..

So now a new problem instead of no trigger I have 100/seconds... I removed all the triggers and started again with a simple date >= and wanted to publish time with a repeat of 1 second.
Now I get flodded by 100 publications / second obviously the trigger is always true... but the repeat delay is not being waited for (I have tried 1 minute too) and after 1 minute I get a continuous stream of dates....at 100/s rate...
I have tried playing with timestamps was update / not updated and its the same...
So basically after having receive no messages for a day because of another "module" of openplotter I now can't control the huge flow... Tongue

Ok after looking at the debug window I saw an "Invalid host" this time... and indeed I had the MQTT host empty (but as much as I understood and saw in other threads this is normal when using the local Mosquitto broker..

Anyway I added the host name and using a single 1 second delay datetime message I received:

0.0.0.0 gives me 3 (identical time) messages per second (a few femtoseconds difference)
same for 127.0.0.1 or "localhost" or the 10.10.10.1 which is the IP from the wifi AP...
At least It's now usable... but I don't receive anymore error messages so is that normal behaviour or is there a loop somewhere?

I really hope this solo thread will be useful to someone (who knows...)
(2018-11-08, 08:53 PM)theshade Wrote:
(2018-11-08, 03:21 PM)theshade Wrote: Hello All,
0.0.0.0 gives me 3 (identical time) messages per second (a few femtoseconds difference)
same for 127.0.0.1 or "localhost" or the 10.10.10.1 which is the IP from the wifi AP...
At least It's now usable... but I don't receive anymore error messages so is that normal behaviour or is there a loop somewhere?

I really hope this solo thread will be useful to someone (who knows...)

I'm having the same problem. Is there anybody who's using MQTT with OpenPlotter?
I'm having the same problem.
Getting mad, after passing nights trying to figure out how to solve this issue.
Is anybody using MQTT in OpenPlotter?