This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to send message to esp32 to change pin state
I have a esp32 set up as a wifi device that sends Wind data from a davis 6410 to openplotter via port 10110.

I want write a routine that polls openplotter for a message to change the pin state on the esp32.

Remote control of light or lights attached to the ESP32.

In my old system I sent a message to a nano when I used a switch to set a pin high on the RPI.
This required python code to send and request data on the RPI. The nano, then base on this would set the pin High and turn the light on. I used NRF24l to transmit data.
The new system uses wifi and writes to the openplotter port directly. I don't need any code to run on the openplotter side.

My options are:
1. have the esp32 use mqqt.
2. python code to send current switch setting from pi
3. Use openplotter GPIO and have the ESP32 read the signalK value from the SignalK server.
4. Suggestions?????

Messages In This Thread
Best way to send message to esp32 to change pin state - by ddelorme - 2018-12-09, 04:05 PM