This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I send OpenCPN routes/waypoints to autopilot via Openplotter?
I had installed it via manually typing 'npm i signalk-to-nmea2000' That's why.

I've now installed both the NMEA200 and Raymarine Autopilot apps via the Signalk App store. I have activated them. There are no documents at all re the Raymarine plugin. The plugin config asks for "Autopilot N2K Device ID". The default is 204. I have left it that.

What is next though? I have an active route in OpenCPN but still when I press 'track' on my autopilot it still says "No data"

I have configured a UDP connection in OpenCPN on 127.0.0.1 and port 10110 and set the following sentences - XTE,ECRMB,ECRMC,ECAPB

That should send NMEA01893 data to Kplex. It looks like this is working as I can see the sentences when I visit the kplex diagnostic tab for both system and Signalk.

So they are getting to Signalk, but from then on I don't seem to have anyway to check what's happening. I can't see any NMEA2000 diagnostics so have no way to know if Signalk is actually outputting the required data, or if the autopilot is receiving it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do I send OpenCPN routes/waypoints to autopilot via Openplotter? - by mikedeflieslife - 2019-01-20, 06:01 PM