This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting mpu-9255 problems with calibration
I have openplotter V1.2.0 alpha
I try to connect MPU9255 as suggested as a best MPU on this forum

I have a very strange behaviour, when sensor sits flat - horizontal on the desk:

It shows Hill: 71, Roll: 82
When I am trying to start calibration and do "boat level".
it calibrates to [0.75,-061,-023]82.68

When I trying to move sensor in different planes it Boat on the image reacts but also strange:
1. tilts in both hill and hill directions.
2. Even if I rotate sensor 30 degrees in in hill (x) direction it turns and then comes back to vertical position. 
3. In both directions (x and Y) Looks like angle is 2 times less then expected.

imu.accel in scope shows only two from 3 values changing

Attempt to do Accel calibration shows almost flat disk far away from "globe" when I turn sensor slowly in 3 dimensions..

Could you help me confirm is this MPU issue or am I misconcepting something?
Is some manual calibration I need to perform? 

Viktor
I have ordered more than 50 of these sensors, and sometimes there are defective ones that do not have all the sensors working. It sounds like you only have 2 out of 3 accels. Could you try a different mpu?
(2019-01-22, 08:39 PM)seandepagnier Wrote: I have ordered more than 50 of these sensors, and sometimes there are defective ones that do not have all the sensors working.   It sounds like you only have 2 out of 3 accels.  Could you try a different mpu?

Thanks, it was broken sensor.
Another one works perfectly. Wink