This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAN-USB Availability
(02-17-2020, 05:43 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 05:05 PM)dave.ritten@gmail.com Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 03:39 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 01:11 PM)Sailoog Wrote: No news bad news.

I have lost contact with the provider and this is a little bit worrying because he is from Wuhan Sad
This does not look good. I am afraid this will take some time. If we do not have news about the provider we should make a new contact and the sailing season is here...
If you are in a hurry you can try the canable device: https://canable.io/ it is also supported by OpenPlotter.

The Canable board works very well. Especialy with the latest OpenCPN beta version with direct input of SignalK data.

However they are sold out at the moment. You can put your name on the waiting list.

Bram
Bram does the Canable Pro board work "out of the box" with OPv2 or does it need to be re-flashed and specially configured? 
Dave

There are two versions of the firmware. I use the Candlelight version. It is easy to flash. but the other version I think is probably better supported in OpenPlotter.

The only action I have to take is the inialisation of the can0. It is simply done in the terminal and stays available.

Then the Canable leds starts flashing and the SignalK server is working.

And you need of course do the setting of the serial port in OpenPlotter which is put through to the SignalK server.

The inialisation can be put in the starting setup. But I do it simply by hand, becauyse it stays resident in the terminal.

Works great here, not only on my Pi but also on my Linux 64AMD. With direct SignalK input in OpenCPN.

Bram
Thanks Bram!! Dave
(02-17-2020, 05:36 PM)Ranur Wrote: CAN (see what I did there?! ;-) ) I use this: https://www.electrokit.com/produkt/pican...ry-pi-2-3/
It has MCP2551

Any device with the MCP2515 should work out of the box in openplotter. We have used this one to develop: http://www.industrialberry.com/canberrydual-v2-1/

I have lost contact with the provider and this is a little bit worrying because he is from Wuhan Sad
This does not look good. I am afraid this will take some time. If we do not have news about the provider we should make a new contact and the sailing season is here...
If you are in a hurry you can try the canable device: https://canable.io/ it is also supported by OpenPlotter.

The Canable board works very well. Especialy with the latest OpenCPN beta version with direct input of SignalK data.

However they are sold out at the moment. You can put your name on the waiting list.

Bram
Bram does the Canable Pro board work "out of the box" with OPv2 or does it need to be re-flashed and specially configured? 
Dave

The Canable device works out of the box in OpenPlotter. You can also flash it as Bram did but that will need some manual settings.
(02-18-2020, 01:02 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

Bram
Dave

The Canable device works out of the box in OpenPlotter. You can also flash it as Bram did but that will need some manual settings.

I'am using the Candlelight firmware. Then you have to make an initialisition of can0 in the terminal:

sudo ip link set can0 up type can bitrate 250000

Is easy to do and is remember in the terminal. But i will certainly try the other firmware

It works in the RPI and on my Linux64AMD Mint Tricia. In the SignalK server for the the the setting is canbus canboatjs and in the 64 Linux it is canbus canboat.

Just saw that the Canable board is available.

Bram