This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simply Set Wireless Preferences with V1.2 and RPI3+
At the risk of posting yet another thread on this subject, I am asking for help in simply (ie, no programming) using the Network tab to successfully set up V1.2 OP on my RPI 3+ with my WiFi network of choice as client. Although I can successfully choose "RPI3+: AP + Client" to both set up the Openplotter AP and select one of my local WiFi access points, it never actually selects the AP I want. In my case, I want to associate wlan0 with my Vesper AIS AP and not my onboard LAN. Strangely, OP seems to favor the strongest signal no matter which one I select using the blue Raspbian WiFi icon (does this even work? I have never successfully switched WiFi networks using this method...I just get blue up/down arrows) BTW, I had no issues with either Pre V1.0 OP or older RPI...seems to be something new.

So my question is: how does one select - on boot up - the WiFi you want to associate with wlan0? I don't really want to dig around into config files or scripts...surely there is a way to do this from the Network menu? Thanks much!