This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESP32 user defined sensor
I was thinking of using a view ESP32 (DOIT ES32 DEVKIT V1) to mount remotely from the Raspi (engine room – for engine monitoring, close to water and fuel tank -liquid level sensor, mast head – wind sensor…).

I like to use the Bluetooth Low Energy to request and send the sensor readings to the Rasp PI (open cpn) with a ACROBOTIC Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy USB Module (BLE Computer Adapter).

- low energy, rechargeable battery, could last over one year
- request sensor info on a user definable time interval (1 min, 5 min, 15 min, hourly....)
- display sensor readings on smart phone, Pi display, …
- User can build remote sensors based on Arduino IoT

I’m not a programmer but I like to get some feedback. Any advice?
you can do it all with node red and get power from 12v with a car cigarette lighter usb charger thingy.i would use wifi & mqtt instead of BT.
I am just completing a esp32 Wifi windsensor I agree with Jim but i am sceptical of nodered. But it has been a year since i stopped using it so it might be more stable and less prone to using all of the RPI resources.
i have been using nodered for yrs. home automation controlling aquarium lights pumps ect.
had it running for months straight without ever having a problem.and not resource heavy..
I've used it on raspberry pi B rev 1.2 ..