This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
OpenCPN V5 beta
Okay, I've done a completely clean install of OpenPlotter and updated OpenCPN to 4.99 and the CPU load problem has been resolved.

Now, if I can just get hostapd to work again...
Having the same problem, updated rpi, Opencpn 4.99 installed running Ok, but no AP.
Running sudo systemctl enable hostapd.service results in:

hostapd.service is not a native service, redirecting to systemd-sysv-install.
Executing: /lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable hostapd

No AP showing up in networklist at laptop, Network status in Openplotter shows hostapd stopped in info screen.
Did you update the Raspian system first ? (sudo apt-update and then sudo apt-upgrade). Kernel update can also be done sudo rpi-update.

The problem is the version of the hostapd.

Bram
(2019-03-15, 10:13 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: Did you update the Raspian system first ? (sudo apt-update and then sudo apt-upgrade). Kernel update can also be done sudo rpi-update.

The problem is the version of the hostapd.

Bram

I did update first and then did the kernel update with the above result.
it seems that there are network problems with latest kernel versions, working on it in v2.x.x
ETA on V2.0?
(2019-03-18, 02:01 PM)Sailoog Wrote: it seems that there are network problems with latest kernel versions, working on it in v2.x.x

Ok thx, I'll revert back and wait for V2.

Mark
(2019-03-18, 02:15 PM)jim321 Wrote: ETA on V2.0?

Buff it is hard to say because we are still trying to decide some details. We have already completed the new actions, it will be fully based in node-red embedded in SK, basically it will be an openplotter interface to create complex flows in few clicks. There are new actions to manage telegram bots, send webcam pictures by telegtam and twitter, geofences... and better implementation of old actions (mqtt, email, signal k...)

Another significant improvement will be a superscript to generate openplotter images and NOOBS from scratch. Running this script from an ubuntu or windows machine people will be able to personalize openplotter to fit their needs and create their forks. This part is also very advanced.

This time we will pay special attention to the documentation.

I want to publish a post to introduce changes and listen to people suggestions. Give me some days.

We will wait for opencpn 5 official release and let the dust settles because some plugins will need still work. I would say 2 months but you know...
more info about OP v2.x.x: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1704
In OP, I selected update OpenCPN, and I got version 5.0.0 ! Exclamation

The double canvas is simply fantastic !
And no more need of a keyboard to go Full Screen !

Like you guys I got the issue with hostapd, but the the recipe given by verkerkbr worked perfectly and solved the case.  Thanks Bram !
 I still have to test with open GL !
BTW, any one asking for an update of OpenCPN will probably meet that network issue ... Dodgy
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you