This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenPlotter v2.x.x is coming!!
does signalk serial add dev rules so that a device will always have the same address .?
(2019-09-20, 10:44 AM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi Sapers,

serial input can be done in SignalK. See my screenprint. Baudrate and/or post address can be different. Ans remember to restart SignalK after changes has been made.

Bram

I made the same attempt to connect my NMEA0182 GPS USB device. But it doesn't works correctky! It sends some sentencies to SignalK server and stopped. In OP v1.2 works correctly, device and USB port is good.

(2019-09-20, 11:39 AM)jim321 Wrote: действительно ли signalk serial добавляет правила dev, чтобы у устройства всегда был один и тот же адрес.

it's can be more detail?
Hi Saper,

perhaps there is also a setting in the Openplotter serial menu.

I had to remove the setting there. However nothing seems to change. But then the SignalK was working.

Works very well here.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-09-20, 01:04 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi Saper,

perhaps there is also a setting in the Openplotter serial menu.

I had to remove the setting there. However nothing seems to change. But then the SignalK was working.

Works very well here.

Regards,

Bram

OP v2 has no this item in menu. Please more details how to do.
(2019-09-20, 11:39 AM)jim321 Wrote: does signalk serial add dev rules so that a device will always have the same address .?

No, but you can use the by-id symlink under /dev/

SK serial port handling should be improved to list by-id paths if available. PRs welcome ;-)

https://superuser.com/questions/839667/h...d-on-linux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
verkerkbr, please add the OP version in your suggestions. Most people are already playing with OP 2 and nobody has a mixed installation OP 1/2 like you which is recommended only for advanced users.

Sapers, please DO NOT use OP 2 in production yet!

jim321, that is what openplotter-serial app does. Having udev rules management in SK node server would be great but I guess it is not easy since it is multi-platform.
(2019-09-20, 04:39 PM)Sailoog Wrote: verkerkbr, please add the OP version in your suggestions. Most people are already playing with OP 2 and nobody has a mixed installation OP 1/2 like you which is recommended only for advanced users.

Sapers, please DO NOT use OP 2 in production yet!

jim321, that is what openplotter-serial app does. Having udev rules management in SK node server would be great but I guess it is not easy since it is multi-platform.

And finaly, how to use NMEA0183 (such as GPS devices) in OP2? I don't understand yet.
Hi Sailoog,

thanks for all your work on OpenPlotter. I'am not aware using advanced features. What I do is use the latest updates like kernel versions, Linux Buster updates. And now the latest bootloader (install rpi-eeprom). I use the OpenPLotter 2.00 allready without any problem. The OpenPlotter settings application is very nice for updating OpenPlotter 2.0. Settings stand here at 2.0.9 beta.

Serial input from my GPSmouse is working very well via serial input in SignalK. On board I can even use the NMEA2000 input via Canable Canbus board to NMEA183 for OpenCPN.

Not everything is yet implemented. But what has until now been done, works perfect. Time for a (restricted) beta img version ?

Regards,

Bram
Quick thought about v2 installer, is it worth adding an option to install influxdb/chronograf? Plotting data really can be gold dust and signalk already has an app to write to the database so simple for a non geeky user to make pretty graphs with chronograf. [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
FWIW I ran (SK Server) InfluxDb and Grafana successfully under Docker this season.

OpenPlotter could run this kind of ”appliances” as containers for easy installation, upgrades and uninstallation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk