This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US inland waterway sounding details
Hi all.  I just started today setting up my openplotter install on RPI 3. I boat mostly on the Tennessee river but plan to travel in the future.  I have downloaded the ACE charts that I need but they do not show the sounding lines.  I have searched and searched for a solution.  From what I read the data is there. The navionics app I use on my iPhone displays them.  I really hope there is a fix for this as I am really excited about getting this system going. Any help is greatly appreciated.   Thanks.
opencpn https://opencpn.org/wiki/dokuwiki/doku.p...ts_display
[Image: fetch.php?media=opencpn:manual:toolbar-o...isplay.png]
My settings are just like yours.   I did the scan. Full rebuild. And repair and still no depth details.   Am I missing something?   Thanks for your help.
try zooming in mine only shows when i do that..zoom out they are gone again.
that's not my settings its from the manual.
It’s not that. I tried going way in and still nothing.  Are you sure you have the inland waterways loaded?   Can you send me a print screen showing what you see maybe somewhere on the tn river?   If I go down to the gulf coast area those charts have it just fine.   I see the buoy locations but that’s it.   I will try to send some samples so that you see what I am getting.  I really hope I can get this as I was really excited about getting this going but without that this will be kind of useless to me.  Thanks again for any assistance
check ask here
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f134/
I will try that. In the meantime I was going to paste in a few screens to show you what I mean. How do I do that? I tried pasting the image in and attaching it, but neither worked.
it's broken as far as i know the only pics i can post are on the web already, copy link add photo paste link.it wont work for dropbox anymore and photobucket didnt work last time i checked
no attachments seem to work..

;(
i used to use dropbox........ 

well now that works..if right clicked and copy link address instead of using the link dropbox gave me.
hhmmmm...
copy link on dropbox
[Image: IMG_20180914_145131.jpg?dl=1]

rightclick copy image address on dropbox
[Image: p.jpeg?size_mode=5]
(2019-03-15, 04:20 PM)jim321 Wrote: it's broken as far as i know the only pics i can post are on the web already, copy link add photo paste link.it wont work for dropbox anymore and photobucket didnt work last time i checked
no attachments seem to work..

;(
i used to use dropbox........ 

well now that works..if right clicked and copy link address instead of using the link dropbox gave me.
hhmmmm...
copy link on dropbox
[Image: IMG_20180914_145131.jpg?dl=0]

rightclick copy image address on dropbox
[Image: p.jpeg?size_mode=5]

Dropbox link works if you change the dl=0 to dl=1 

[Image: example.JPG?dl=1]
thanks paddyB