This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ST1000 embedded TinyPilot - Projectlog & Questions
Thanks a lot for your input!

Fusing has already been taken care of at the connections panel, so not in the schematic.

I don't like to cut corners. But still don't really understand why isolation is needed in this situation. With Arduino and Pi next to each other and sharing the same powersupply. Especially when using an ESC with integrated optocoupling. But tossing it in isn't a big deal. Using Serial is better practice in that case then using I2C?

Made a mistake in my 12V input connections indeed, probably a line got accidentally removed. That messes up a lot, all the ESC, shunt and voltagedivider circuits aren't right now indeed. Will update that soon!

ST1000 doesn't have a clutch. Maybe I'll add a rudder sensor to the rudderstock in the future. Adding the voltage divider and connections already would be wise indeed! Although I might also end up using an NMEA connection over WiFi for that. Making the data also available when pilot is powered of.

Will ground the digital pins as well then.

Completely forgot the resistor for the LED, because a lot of LED lighting has that already built in these days. But wise addition. Already experienced that as a child, when I connected some scrapped LED's to an old computer powersupply. They shined very very bright, for about a second Big Grin But I will probably leave that LED out completely, because it means drilling an extra hole in the ST1000 casing.

Fiddled around mocking everyting up in the casing yesterday. All the pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming together. Will post a few pictures, together with an updated schematic, in a few days!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ST1000 embedded TinyPilot - Projectlog & Questions - by FMJ - 2019-03-17, 04:05 PM