This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ST1000 embedded TinyPilot - Projectlog & Questions
It looks good. I don't use isolation between the arduino and esc so you should be ok there. Which esc are you using? Are you using my brushed_tgy for simonk compatible ESC to run as brushed controller?

Not sure the 1k is needed on the end stops, but probably won't hurt.

Usually you don't need end stops and rudder feedback, but either, both or neither are fully supported. It might be useful to prevent the overcurrent triggering if the rudder feedback fails.

How are you doing the rudder feedback? Is it inside the st1000? A linear potentiometer? Usually these don't have enough travel.

You might have to change the backlight pin on the 5110 to either gnd or vcc depending on the module, I have seen both ways. You don't need a resistor if it's 3.3v to the backlight, usually the modules have resistors built in, but would be nice to use 10-30 ohms to limit current since it doesn't need to be so bright, you can experiment.

Keep us posted, and pictures would be great.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ST1000 embedded TinyPilot - Projectlog & Questions - by seandepagnier - 2019-03-28, 08:14 PM