This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I make my sensors waterproof?
I have question, maybe someone has an idea.

I can put my raspberry pi into a waterproof box, as my boat is on salt water and gets very humid.
But if I put my sensors in there as well, they get useless.

How can I make a sensor breakout, for instance the  10DOF IMU Breakout L3GD20H + LSM303 + BMP180 Board make fully functional and at the same time waterproof?
Just put them in an dry Place inside your Cabin, like you would do with an analog Instument oder Clock.
You can easily waterproofing all your sensors but not the barometer because it will measure always the pressure of the enclosure and not the ambient pressure. There are several solutions. You can get good results using waterproof vents (adhesive or screw type).

anyway, you should keep sensors as far from the raspberry as you can. IMU, temp and press will be affected in different ways.