This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes OpenCPN config file dissapears ?
Sometimes after a crash, the Opencpn.ini file dissapears and I have to start from scratch.

After a few times I made a backup, so now I just copy from that when it dissapears and everything works again.

Anybody else have this problem ?
Never had that problem but the Pi very very rarely crashes despite being on 24/7. Might be worth tracking down the problem that's making it crash?
(2019-04-03, 09:58 AM)PaddyB Wrote: Never had that problem but the Pi very very rarely crashes despite being on 24/7. Might be worth tracking down the problem that's making it crash?

Absolutely, I already have another thread about the crash, I think it’s running out of memory for the display. Only crashes after long periods of active use.

Cheers,
JM.
what do you mean with crash? opencpn? openplotter?
You have to shutdown your system before powering off the raspberry or you will have this kind of problems.
(2019-04-03, 07:13 PM)Sailoog Wrote: what do you mean with crash? opencpn? openplotter?
You have to shutdown your system before powering off the raspberry or you will have this kind of problems.

It seems to be an OpenCPN problem. It is allready a very old problem. 

Under certain rare conditions the settings of OpenCPN are gone. 

You have to repeat the settings as a new version. 

Making a back-up of the opencpn.config rename this later to the original name.

There is also another settings problem. If I have used the MBtiles maps and then switch back to ENC charts, then the Vector charts settings are most of the time gone.
Simply fill these settings in again and all is well again.

Bram
(2019-04-03, 07:13 PM)Sailoog Wrote: what do you mean with crash? opencpn? openplotter?

The display hangs. See other thread.

I can connect from another machine and do a $sudo reboot but crashes often seem to happen at he worst possible time so I just power off and on to try and get things going again.

Is there a key sequence that will shutdown the system ?
I had the same issue, sea my monologue tread here for an auto backup: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1143
Then you always have the same config file at startup
Sorry, i I had not seen your post. May be what I suggest could help. I prefer to keep my post sparate as it also address a more specific configuration (Pi Desktop)
http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1821
I prefer to keep my post separate as it also address a specific configuration (Pi Desktop)
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you