This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
export NMEA data
Hi,

I want to save every x minutes the NMEA data to a file or sqlite database. Found that you can save data with kplex to a file, but can't find the configuration file.

Where can I find the configuration file? Or is there a better way to save the NMEA data ever x minutes?

Swokey
kplex is a good option. Click on "Advanced" in NMEA 0183 tab and the config file will open.

VDR plugin for opencpn will do also the task.
(2016-08-02, 09:09 AM)Swokey Wrote: Hi,

I want to save every x minutes the NMEA data to a file or sqlite database. Found that you can save data with kplex to a file, but can't find the configuration file.

Where can I find the configuration file? Or is there a better way to save the NMEA data ever x minutes?

Swokey

I'm using custom actions triggered every x minutes/seconds to update a RRDTOOL database with NMEA data (temperatures, wind), then using the data to plot readings later on.

I have written a few words about it at my boats website, it's in Norwegian but feel free to ask if the images are not sufficient to get the drift?  :-)
Regards, 
Arne :-)    
S/Y Tiarora
Nice!!!
(2016-08-24, 08:00 PM)Arne Wrote: I'm using custom actions triggered every x minutes/seconds to update a RRDTOOL database with NMEA data (temperatures, wind), then using the data to plot readings later on.

I have written a few words about it at my boats website, it's in Norwegian but feel free to ask if the images are not sufficient to get the drift?  :-)

Arne,  fantastic, thanks for the link and taking some time to write it up - I've wondering abouty how to do just this for some time.  Cool
Up and running, thanks for the message about rrdtools. I couldn't get the command line working to directly update the database but used the command line to call a bash script instead which seems to be working OK.

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
So saving data mostly up and running now with a Web page to pick what you want to look at and from when to when. Not at all difficult with openplotter actions.

https://youtu.be/_r3--A_d3RE

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk
Well. I managed to corrupt my original SD-card and had to reinstall more or less from scratch, so I figured it would be just as well to try out the 0.9.0-build.
I have installed and set up everything, and am kind of getting into the changes from earlier versions, but I have problems getting the data out to my RRD db's using my custom actions.

Have the variables changed name, which should I use here for the 1-wire sensors?
Name, as before, ENGINE, EXHAUST, INSIDE - seems not to work?

Signal K full string?  propulsion.ENGINE.coolantTemperature ?

or what?

Attached Files Image(s)

Regards, 
S/Y Tiarora
Quote:
(2016-11-07, 08:35 PM)Arne Wrote: Well. I managed to corrupt my original SD-card and had to reinstall more or less from scratch, so I figured it would be just as well to try out the 0.9.0-build.
I have installed and set up everything, and am kind of getting into the changes from earlier versions, but I have problems gettin5g the data out to my RRD db's using my custom actions.

Have the variables changed name, which should I use here for the 1-wire sensors?
Name, as before, ENGINE, EXHAUST, INSIDE - seems not to work?

Signal K full string?  propulsion.ENGINE.coolantTemperature ?

or what?

I'm using the short variable names from the nmea inspector. 
Quote:I'm using the short variable names from the nmea inspector. 
And you're using the 0.9.0 alpha/development build, not the regular 0.8.0?
Regards, 
S/Y Tiarora