This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Server Hardware for openplotter?
(2019-12-07, 10:23 AM)glowntiger Wrote: Did the shutdown work at your configuration?

Hi, for me it doesn't work, in fact before when I turned off with the switch it took about 30 seconds, now instead it turns off after 8/10 seconds. If I have to show you anything else, tell me what to do. I know that as long as Sailoog and / or Rocco don't settle the conflict with SPI ... (at least I think so) it will be tough!  Huh

[img][Image: LqAWAo.jpg][/img]
there is not conflict with SPI. What you can see in "openplotter-moitessier" app is just and informative message. If you get a warning message means that the setting we use to check SPI state is not the best. The moitessier app is still in alpha and needs work, we will work on this next week.
(2019-12-07, 12:12 PM)Sailoog Wrote: there is not conflict with SPI. What you can see in "openplotter-moitessier" app is just and informative message. If you get a warning message means that the setting we use to check SPI state is not the best. The moitessier app is still in alpha and needs work, we will work on this next week.

Ciao Sailoog, you must excuse me but I'm anxious to see everything ok. Unfortunately from incompetent I follow everything step by step (and with copy / paste) ... and I can only encourage the work you are doing. Until next time!  Big Grin Heart
Not excuse at all. I understand your impatience. We make openplotter in our spare time and there is a lot of work to be done. But we are close. Before working seriously on openplotter-moitessier app we must achieve the stable stage in its dependencies: serial, I2C and Pypilot.

I2C is done, just some fixes left. We are working on serial now. After your feedback we noticed that making connections with SK was not clear in I2C app, so we will add some helpers we have used in serial to guide people to connect apps.

Hopefully I can work on OP full time next week.
(2019-12-07, 11:01 AM)Max1947 Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 10:23 AM)glowntiger Wrote: Did the shutdown work at your configuration?

Hi, for me it doesn't work, in fact before when I turned off with the switch it took about 30 seconds, now instead it turns off after 8/10 seconds. If I have to show you anything else, tell me what to do. I know that as long as Sailoog and / or Rocco don't settle the conflict 

Hi Max,
I do not understand what you do?
Power the pi down after this seconds or the MCS board?
It should work like this:
power off the the 12Venable terminal, after 2s the pi should shut down and after ~40s the MCS shut down...
(2019-12-10, 08:04 PM)glowntiger Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 11:01 AM)Max1947 Wrote:

Hi, for me it doesn't work, in fact before when I turned off with the switch it took about 30 seconds, now instead it turns off after 8/10 seconds. If I have to show you anything else, tell me what to do. I know that as long as Sailoog and / or Rocco don't settle the conflict 

Hi Max,
I do not understand what you do?
Power the pi down after this seconds or the MCS board?
It should work like this:
power off the the 12Venable terminal, after 2s the pi should shut down and after ~40s the MCS shut down...

Ciao Glowntiger, what is meant by " power off the the 12Venable terminal". We speak of "terminal" and therefore material for employees. What should I do to check? I just turn it off and switch on. I wait for instructions ... Huh Cool Big Grin

Hi Max,
when you start the board, you must close S1. S1 is  all time closed as long as the pi runs. When you want to power down the Pi, open S1. If S1 is open, after 2s the Pi shuts down and after 40s the complete board shuts off. Now you can close S1 again and the board Power on and the Pi starts....
I have done it like this becouse you can conect a normal switch not a taster on the panel
(2019-12-12, 11:38 AM)glowntiger Wrote: Hi Max,
when you start the board, you must close S1. S1 is  all time closed as long as the pi runs. When you want to power down the Pi, open S1. If S1 is open, after 2s the Pi shuts down and after 40s the complete board shuts off. Now you can close S1 again and the board Power on and the Pi starts....
I have done it like this becouse you can conect a normal switch not a taster on the panel

Ok, what I put in is not a normal switch, I had to work a little bit to understand how it worked ... I will look for a normal switch and change it ...

[Image: j2U7Oe.jpg]
Here some pictures with moitessier-Hat on Top...:

And without Moitessier-Hat:

Hi,
here you find a quick guide for the MCS:
https://github.com/Thomas-GeDaD/openplot...de_MCS.pdf