This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pass depth info in dashboard ?
My installation colleects NMEA info from my aged ST50 througn an NMEA sender located in the ST50 repeater. I can see it in kplex diagnostic window, the sentence is DBT (depth below transducer) and the value is in feet, and I have no way to change that.
OP's NMEA generator seems to only kow DBS (depth below surface) .
Any suggestion ? Any chance to use that data which is in OP ?
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you

Use Signal K server’s Node RED plugin to convert your input to environment.depth.belowSurface and SK-to-NMEA0183 plugin to output DBS. Configure OpenCPN to read from tcp localhost 10110 to get SK server’s 0183 output in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was getting nmea data out of my ST60 and it wasn't showing on OpenCPN, even though I could see it on the port. I think it had something to do with the data not having a checksum, so I took it into Node-Red and added a checksum. While I was at it I did a calculation on the data and rebuilt the string so that it included all values (meters, feet and fathoms). It fixed the problem. There's a thread here somewhere where it was discussed, and the Node-Red script exchanged.

It became unnecessary after I got the Quark-Elec SeaTalk converter, but the code that I used is around here somewhere!