This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Client-less VNC Control in the Browser
Here is how I set up OpenPlotter with NoVNC; allowing VNC control from the browser of any device without a client install!  This also allows a full touch interface on any phone or tablet!

https://hitechhobby.com/openplotter-vnc-...r-browser/
I can understand the benefit of being able to control openCPN via a browser on any device with noVNC. I currently use realVNC to control openCPN on my iPad. Sometimes control using realVNC can be somewhat clunky and wonder if noVNC has any other benefits over realVNC in that respect.
(2019-06-12, 08:48 AM)Johnnysails Wrote: I can understand the benefit of being able to control openCPN via a browser on any device with noVNC. I currently use realVNC to control openCPN on my iPad. Sometimes control using realVNC can be somewhat clunky and wonder if noVNC has any other benefits over realVNC in that respect.

Using an Android tablet as a client, the realVNC app has some drawbacks.  Mainly, you have to drag and tap the screen to click the cursor; You can't tap a button on the screen and have it click there.

Using tightvncserver instead of realvnc-vnc-server will allow you to use other client apps on iOS/Android/PC, allowing for better/more stable interactions.

I really just like noVNC because its consistent across devices, stable and requires no install.  It also means you can use any device in a pinch; you don't even need to download a VNC Client.
I follow your instruction but it doesn't work for me.
When i try
sudo echo "su - pi -c '/home/pi/bin/noVNC/utils/launch.sh --vnc 127.0.0.1:5901 --listen 8080 &'" >> etc/rc.local
Give me permission denied.

I modify manually rc.local with

/home/pi/bin/noVNC/utils/launch.sh --vnc 127.0.0.1:5901 --listen 8080 &

Before exit 0

but didn't work...

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX2 utilizzando Tapatalk
Finally i get into novnc, port is 6080 not 8080, but when i try to connect from client, in the terminal come error: code 400 client must support binary or base 64 protocol.

Someone have some solut?

(2019-08-05, 02:02 PM)luchin0 Wrote: Finally i get into novnc, port is 6080 not 8080, but when i try to connect from client, in the terminal come error: code 400 client must support binary or base 64 protocol.

Someone have some solut?

Hmm, I'd say the issue is with the line you manually added.   The 'su - pi -c ' part of that line is going to tell the OS to run this command as the 'pi' user. Because your server is running on 6080 instead of 8080, it seems like this command is not running correctly.

From the terminal, logged in as the 'pi' user, can you run the command '/home/pi/bin/noVNC/utils/launch.sh --vnc 127.0.0.1:5901 --listen 8080' ?  This will run the command manually and may give you an idea of where to troubleshoot next. I'd also check that your VNC server is actually running on 5901 (You should be able to connect with other VNC clients)
(2019-08-05, 06:11 PM)floatable.io Wrote:
(2019-08-05, 02:02 PM)luchin0 Wrote: Finally i get into novnc, port is 6080 not 8080, but when i try to connect from client, in the terminal come error: code 400 client must support binary or base 64 protocol.

Someone have some solut?

Hmm, I'd say the issue is with the line you manually added.   The 'su - pi -c ' part of that line is going to tell the OS to run this command as the 'pi' user. Because your server is running on 6080 instead of 8080, it seems like this command is not running correctly.

From the terminal, logged in as the 'pi' user, can you run the command '/home/pi/bin/noVNC/utils/launch.sh --vnc 127.0.0.1:5901 --listen 8080' ?  This will run the command manually and may give you an idea of where to troubleshoot next. I'd also check that your VNC server is actually running on 5901 (You should be able to connect with other VNC clients)

I run the command /bin/noVNC/utils/launch.sh etc.

Same problem as you see in the screen shot [Image: 25b7d1bde631b61fed3ed1602d37d17e.jpg]

The only error i seen is about self.pem

In the advanced setting - > websocket of the browser of the tablet i check the encrypt. Now the error in the op terminal is

10.10.10.80: SSL connection but '/home/pi/self.pem' not found

The main difference I see between our two setups is that I have the program living at '/home/pi/bin/noVNC/...' and you look to be running the the code in '/bin/noVNC/...', which would have different permissions.  Could you try moving your app to '/home/pi/bin/noVNC/' to see if you get the same results?  maybe symlink to /bin/ if you need to?
(2019-06-10, 07:33 PM)floatable.io Wrote: Here is how I set up OpenPlotter with NoVNC; allowing VNC control from the browser of any device without a client install!  This also allows a full touch interface on any phone or tablet!

website blocked by malwarebytes, it reports a trojan
(2019-08-06, 02:00 AM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-06-10, 07:33 PM)floatable.io Wrote: Here is how I set up OpenPlotter with NoVNC; allowing VNC control from the browser of any device without a client install!  This also allows a full touch interface on any phone or tablet!

website blocked by malwarebytes, it reports a trojan

https://hitechhobby.com/why-hitechhobby-...ad-of-ads/