This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Pi 4 released!
Damn i just bought and received my HAT and really wanted a RPI4 to run it all on Sad But really nice to hear you are making the new HAT compatible. Thank you for your work Smile
Just got my hat in a week ago, intending to hold out to Pi 4 if it arrived before i needed to install system, now where not sure if it works? im very sad  Cry
Sounds like it will work, it might just need a little mod to the board.
You can do that mod it is easy. We are sorry for that but no one expected that hardware change never did before on old Raspberry boards.

More changes than expected have to me made in openplotter 2 to make it work with Raspberry 4: moving nodejs from 8 to 10, xygrib, wifi access point, most opencpn plugins... but do not worry we will success and we will build the most robust, stable and documented openplotter version ever before.
[Image: pi4-with-moitessier-hat.jpg]

I don't have any problems with using the moitessier hat on Pi 4. I always use an adapter (2x20 PIN double row straight female pin header 2.54mm pin long 12mm).
That ensures better air circulation and heat dissipation also on Pi 3.
Wow, great solution!

Sailoog, what about offering an adapter kit that includes that pin header and perhaps long standoffs for the other side of the board? Then you could wait until you have a major hardware update (and for the RPI4 to become more popular) before releasing a new version.

Thinking about it, I guess the case would also have to change, but it would also have to change anyway.
Absolutely yes. That is a better option. Look at this one, it is even smaller.

I will try to have the adapter kit (pin header + 2 long standoffs) ASAP. This way people with the HAT who could want to move to RPi4 can do it easily.
Ah, Sorry.
I seen the trimming of the hat board, but did not realize that was the whole trouble. I thought it was software related, or some type of hardware/software conflict maybe, (well i guess it was a hardware conflict buttttt....) my bad i am much happier now Smile

(2019-06-30, 04:55 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Absolutely yes. That is a better option. Look at this one, it is even smaller.

I will try to have the adapter kit (pin header + 2 long standoffs) ASAP. This way people with the HAT who could want to move to RPi4 can do it easily.

Could you post an amazon or e-bay link to that adapter maybe or maybe make it a sticky post or something? that way folks like me wont be asking all the time  Big Grin
Link please!
There are several on Amazon (search "raspberry pi stacking header") but they all seem to have the long pins. Sailoog seems to have one that has shorter pins, which would be useful.