This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RPi Voltage Stabaliser
Hi guys,

How are your RPi's wired to the 12v system?

I have recently had 2 x RPi's fail on me and although I don't know the root cause, I believe voltage delivery may be a potential issue.

Do any of you use voltage regulation?

Mine is currently wired via a microUSB to a USB port (5v, 2.1a) directly wired to 12v system.

Cheers in advanced.
I use a 12->5v buck converter. No problems here.
I use step down adjustable module based on XL4015 chip like this one .
It is cheap and robust, I add a schottky 5A diod to the input, and two good patches of hot glue to both side of the coil,  which seems a bit flimsy. Never had an issue ...
Cordialement
Didier B
Pi4, SSD USB3, OP 3.0 Touch SK 3.2.1 OpenCPN  5.8.4 :  Thank you  Thank you  Thank you