This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudder calibration not working
Hi Sean, I've not had a chance to apply the updates yet but tried again with the current version. I'm still confused about the conflicting advice. Earlier in the thread you suggested using "sv -v d pypilot" to take the pilot down before changing the pypilot.conf file.

Now the advice is the opposite:
Quote:If you change the settings while pypilot is running, it will send them to the controller.

Unfortunately neither seems to be true. No matter what I do, the bad settings just keep coming back from the motor controller and there seems to be no way to send the corrected settings TO the motor controller.

I spent a couple of hours trying to get the python scripts for calibration etc. running my my macbook in case I can use those, got a lot of the denpendencies installed but got stuck on a couple of the dependencies and ran out of time. Currently the only way I have to set the slew settings is to edit the file manually because none of the available tools seem able to do that. Maybe easier to try and get qemu set up running ubuntu but I just don't have the time at the moment.

I've not had time to apply the latest updates yet, maybe they will help.

Messages In This Thread
Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-20, 10:16 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-21, 11:04 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 08:50 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 10:15 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-23, 12:16 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 08:23 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 10:12 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-29, 11:27 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-01, 12:12 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-10, 10:44 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-10, 11:11 PM