This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rudder calibration not working
Hi Sean, I upgraded to the new SD card image and also then cloned the latest git to my laptop and used SFTP to update all the files which have changed in the last couple of months onto the pypilot. I then run setup.py to install those updates. The update seems to have worked - I can see "Degrees" on the webapp now and the motor runs much slower and smoother so i think the slew settings have actually changed successfully this time. Thanks again for all your help with this.

Unfortunately since the update I can't get any rudder feedback at all! The rudder sensor seems not to be detected. You supplied the tinypilot together with the large motor controller you built for me. Did you customise some settings or code on the tinypilot for using it with the large motor controller and/or for my 3 wire 5v rudder sensor? If so then I guess those settings have been lost when I updated the SD card image. Before that it did at least detect the rudder sensor and I was once able to calibrate it OK. Please could you let me know what settings should be changed from the default tinypilot SD card image to get a signal using my rudder sensor with the large motor controller?

I did also add a plug to the rudder sensor wire meanwhile but I checked that carefully so I think it's more likely a software issue.

Messages In This Thread
Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-20, 10:16 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-21, 11:04 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 08:50 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-22, 10:15 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-23, 12:16 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 08:23 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-24, 10:12 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-07-29, 11:27 PM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-01, 12:12 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-10, 10:44 AM
RE: Rudder calibration not working - by syohana - 2019-08-10, 11:11 PM