This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor controler board design on DRV8873 with magnetic rudder sensor
(2019-07-25, 01:54 AM)partyvi Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 09:08 AM)CapnKernel Wrote: I am interested to try your driver board.
Thanks for article, it is about younger brothers  Wink

Yeah.  It seems avayan hasn't updated that site in a few years, sadly.  He's a good writer.

[quote pid='9644' dateline='1564016071']
To be clear I will send empty board. But for free 
Components you will need to source yourself.
If you want board and you are in the US, send
me your address in private message, I will send you board.
[/quote]

Thank you, kind offer.  But if and when I make it, I'll do the board myself (oh and I'm in Australia).  What EDA package did you use?  I usually use KiCad because I like open source.

As an aside, I reverse engineered the circuit for my Autohelm 3000:

https://github.com/CapnKernel/ah3000 .  

I did the schematic, component placement, and a fair amount of the routing.  Helped me find and fix the problem: One end of a resistor had never been soldered.

Mitch.
(2019-07-25, 03:43 AM)CapnKernel Wrote:
(2019-07-25, 01:54 AM)partyvi Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 09:08 AM)CapnKernel Wrote: I am interested to try your driver board.
Thanks for article, it is about younger brothers  Wink

Yeah.  It seems avayan hasn't updated that site in a few years, sadly.  He's a good writer.

[quote pid='9644' dateline='1564016071']
To be clear I will send empty board. But for free 
Components you will need to source yourself.
If you want board and you are in the US, send
me your address in private message, I will send you board.

Thank you, kind offer.  But if and when I make it, I'll do the board myself (oh and I'm in Australia).  What EDA package did you use?  I usually use KiCad because I like open source.

As an aside, I reverse engineered the circuit for my Autohelm 3000:

https://github.com/CapnKernel/ah3000 .  

I did the schematic, component placement, and a fair amount of the routing.  Helped me find and fix the problem: One end of a resistor had never been soldered.

Mitch.
[/quote]
Did you see my github, there gerbers and schematic in pdf. I use Altium.
Can share design files if you need.
In my design arduino just sit over top of the board (sandwiched). As well my board gives pretty wide ways to play with DRV chip if you wish to try another modes.
I had a careful look at your github. Yeah, having the nano sit on top is a smart move.

I had a look on Ebay and Aliexpress, and it seems no-one's making DRV8873 boards (yet).

Regarding your code changes, did @seandepagnier say he would incorporate them into PP?

Mitch.

(Is it just me, or is [quote] in this forum a bit broken?)
(2019-07-25, 04:14 AM)CapnKernel Wrote: I had a careful look at your github.  Yeah, having the nano sit on top is a smart move.  

I had a look on Ebay and Aliexpress, and it seems no-one's making DRV8873 boards (yet).

Regarding your code changes, did @seandepagnier say he would incorporate them into PP?

Mitch.

(Is it just me, or is
Quote: in this forum a bit broken?)
It is my my HW design and only 5 boards was ordered :-) sure there nothing fancy. About aliexpress and eBay,  even if they exist they are not designed for arduino nano and you will need to do macaroni (connect arduino and motor control with wires). I like more industrial way. Cool
 Software changes are open in my brunch on github.
I think to request merging to main brunch when at least 2-3 people will use it. For now, I just maintain it.