This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screenprint from VNC window
How do you guys take a screenprint in headless mode.

On Win10 + VNC  fn+print  doesnt work - is there another - less windows specific key combination which createds the picture file on the raspi?
(2019-08-04, 12:14 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: How do you guys take a screenprint in headless mode.

On Win10 + VNC  fn+print  doesnt work - is there another - less windows specific key combination which createds the picture file on the raspi?

Windows snipping tool, then paste wherever you want. Imgur have an app as well which saves to the web and creates a img link to paste into forum posts >>

[Image: lzlV4qU.png]
(2019-08-04, 12:14 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: How do you guys take a screenprint in headless mode.

I find issue with the mac tool as well, but it only when you are hovering ove the VNC window, if you reduce the windows size and select the DT it seem to work ok.
Hi I noticed the same behaviour, and if you think about it, it is actually a logical one. :-D

If you tab the [print screen] button while the VNC window has focus, VNC sends the keystroke to the device opened in the VNC Viewer. Try putting VNC Viewer in view only mode while taking a print screen. That helped for me.

Koen.