This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
expand the disk space?
Had just installed openplotter 1.0 and upgraded it to latest version when I downloaded .kap maps for Baltics noticing that my 128gb SD card was giving full disk error even there wasnt even 8 gigabytes of content in it.

running df -h I noticed that sd card was limited to 8gb instead of 128. tried another 32gb sd card with installation facing the same issue.  

How can I expand the available space?
You can enlarge the partition with the partition manager called Gparted.

Install gparted:

sudo apt install gparted

then open gparted:

sudo gparted

enlarge to partition and click on icon for OK

That all you have to do.

Bram
Thank you very much for rapid response. Hopefully thread helps out other beginners as well.
(2019-08-13, 03:36 PM)hitchhooker Wrote: Had just installed openplotter 1.0 and upgraded it to latest version when I downloaded .kap maps for Baltics noticing that my 128gb SD card was giving full disk error even there wasnt even 8 gigabytes of content in it.

running df -h I noticed that sd card was limited to 8gb instead of 128. tried another 32gb sd card with installation facing the same issue.  

As a matter of interest did you format the large SD card before use? I have built up 5 units for myself and friends and never had a problem, I have access to the whole card with no need to expand. I have used 2x 256 1x128 and 1x64 gig.sd cards. To start ithe setup I have used the NOOBs option to set up the cards. How did you do it. Sorry for all the questions.
(2019-10-21, 05:36 AM)Svmatilda Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 03:36 PM)hitchhooker Wrote: Had just installed openplotter 1.0 and upgraded it to latest version when I downloaded .kap maps for Baltics noticing that my 128gb SD card was giving full disk error even there wasnt even 8 gigabytes of content in it.

As a matter of interest did you format the large SD card before use?  I have built up 5 units for myself and friends and never had a problem, I have access to the whole card with no need to expand. I have used 2x 256 1x128 and 1x64 gig.sd cards. To start ithe setup I have used the NOOBs option to set up the cards. How did you do it.  Sorry for all the questions.

werent using noobs but another img and while installlation partition was fulll 128 or 32. Installking img shhrinked it to 8