This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding MPU9250 OP 2 beta
Playing with OP2 beta. All looks good except I cannot add the MPU9250 IMU to the i2c settings. The i2c address 0x68 for the IMU is correctly found. Any advice would be appreciated.
John
(08-26-2019, 05:11 AM)Johnnysails Wrote: Playing with OP2 beta. All looks good except I cannot add the MPU9250 IMU to the i2c settings. The i2c address 0x68 for the IMU is correctly found. Any advice would be appreciated.
John

I ran into the same challenge, I think we need to wait for the pypilot package to be updated as this is what is used for calibration etc....
(08-26-2019, 10:39 AM)rastam4n Wrote:
(08-26-2019, 05:11 AM)Johnnysails Wrote: Playing with OP2 beta. All looks good except I cannot add the MPU9250 IMU to the i2c settings. The i2c address 0x68 for the IMU is correctly found. Any advice would be appreciated.
John

I ran into the same challenge, I think we need to wait for the pypilot package to be updated as this is what is used for calibration etc....

Thanks for that. That’s what I thought but also I might have been missing something simple or obvious!
Yes, pypilot package will do that job. It is the next one in the list so it will be published soon, couple of days...
(08-27-2019, 10:00 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, pypilot package will do that job. It is the next one in the list so it will be published soon, couple of days...

Thanks for that
(08-27-2019, 10:00 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Yes, pypilot package will do that job. It is the next one in the list so it will be published soon, couple of days...

Anything new in OP2? Pypilot maybe?
We are delayed with pypilot because some bugs have to be fixed there. But we are trying to speed up work publishing a template to make easy creating apps. Having someone else in the development team would be great.
Hi,
I have been struggling for a few days on having openplotter (pypilot) work with mpu-sensors.
Same as Johnnysails: the 9250 is on 0x68, but is not detected by openplotter.
I also installed seandepagnier/RTIMULib2 and tried from there to run RTIMULibCal and get a "No IMU found".
After trying on 2 different MPU-9250 sensors, I bought a MPU-6050 (gy-521) : this time the chip was detected by open plotter. But the calibration with RTIMULibCal was giving absurd output.
Finally, I ran the code from https://tutorials-raspberrypi.com/measur...pberry-pi/
with my 3 chips, and it looks like it's working.
NB: I tried with OP1