This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First test on a Lagoon 620
Hi
Yesterday I tried my pypilot for the first time.
I have the tinypilot computer and hydraulic controller from Sean.
The boat is a 62 feet catamaran with hydraulic steering. We already have a B&G system with a H5000 autopilot.
All the gains was standard as received from Sean. Didn’t have the rudder sensor connected so we had to check the B&G one already installed not to break anything.
Motoring in open ocean with some swell from behind.
Was just going to turn on to see that everything was working as a first test.
But it worked so good that we was running it for 30 minutes! It kept the course almost as good as the B&G (4000$ system) without changing any gains!!!

Small problems, opencpn plugin crash on windows when try to open calibration tab (used a raspberry instead) Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13

The web interface has 10 2 2 10 course changes instead of 10 1 1 10, where do I change that? 

Now I need to install the rudder sensor, play with the gains and build a housing for my wireless WiFi remote.....

Thanks Sean!

Johan
(2019-09-09, 03:31 PM)Jlsail Wrote: Hi
The boat is a 62 feet catamaran with hydraulic steering. We already have a B&G system with a H5000 autopilot.
All the gains was standard as received from Sean. Didn’t have the rudder sensor connected so we had to check the B&G one already installed not to break anything.
But it worked so good that we was running it for 30 minutes! It kept the course almost as good as the B&G (4000$ system) without changing any gains!!!

Small problems, opencpn plugin crash on windows when try to open calibration tab (used a raspberry instead) Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13

The web interface has 10 2 2 10 course changes instead of 10 1 1 10, where do I change that? 

Now I need to install the rudder sensor, play with the gains and build a housing for my wireless WiFi remote.....

Thanks Sean!

Johan

If you adjust those settings in the Opencpn-pypilot plugin configuration tab I think it updates the buttons for the TP webapp (not instantly but it happens), there seems to be more communication happening then just which way to turn.

Attached Files Image(s)

(2019-09-09, 07:56 PM)rastam4n Wrote:
(2019-09-09, 03:31 PM)Jlsail Wrote: Hi

Thanks Sean!

Johan

If you adjust those settings in the Opencpn-pypilot plugin configuration tab I think it updates the buttons for the TP webapp (not instantly but it happens), there seems to be more communication happening then just which way to turn.

I was running my tinypilot and opencpn plug-in on a raspberry pi4 for 12 hours yesterday and it didn’t update the web app. Tried on a windows computer today and it doesn’t seems to change the web app either (only tested for 30 minutes). 
Not a big problem, so I will leave it for now.

Johan
The webapp should update after "sudo apt install python-gevent-websocket"
(2019-09-10, 01:23 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: The webapp should update after "sudo apt install python-gevent-websocket"

I must do something wrong, ssh in to the tinypilot running the command I get.
Sudo: apt:  command not found
It works to run the command on the raspberry pi4

Johan
You must run this command from the machine running the web server