This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mast-Top Camera?
My own solution was to focus on the need at hand, horizon is all nice and dandy, but the cost of a straight line...

Instead,
I have ordered a 12v Wifi camera, for mounting underneath the lantern in the mast, looking down at the deck to use as a birdview parking camera.
30€ instead of 800€ and no cabling needed at all since I will simply power it by using the lantern power.
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 42.2 - All Openplottered and hooked up on online.
Brilliant. I'm interested to know if the wifi connection is sufficient. What do you plan on displaying the image with? Ideally it's the nice bright MFD, but then you need something to connect the wifi and drop it into video. The FPV cameras have that inherently in the receiver unit...
With OP i use the onboard WiFi that it will connect to.
In my cockpit i have an android pad on the same wifi, and it will have a simple app to display camera feed.

Wifi will manage, since it's short distances. Perhaps not 30 fps, but 10 will do. Even 2 will.
Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 42.2 - All Openplottered and hooked up on online.