This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-11-25, 06:15 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-11-24, 02:12 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Connecting the Kindle E reader to the OpenPlotter Rpi. Trying to make a wifi connection fails. RPI is seen with a good signal. Adding the password and connect, it fails. I'am sure I have used the right password.

This problem is only from the Kindle To the OpenPlotter RPI.

Using the same Kindle I can connect to the network with a wireless switch and then to the Ip of the RPI. What is the cause of this problem ?

Bram

Is it missing a DHCP server not getting an Ip address from the RPI ?

I will try to connect mine tomorrow.
Ok thanks.

Just tried to connect my smartphone with the OpenPlotter RPI4 and that works. This one is receiving an Ip adres.

Regards,

Bram
My Kindle has no problem with OpenPlotter AP (RPi4 Network 2.0.5 Beta).
(2019-11-25, 11:09 PM)e-sailing Wrote: My Kindle has no problem with OpenPlotter AP (RPi4 Network 2.0.5 Beta).

Hi E-Sailing,

i'am using the latest 2.07-beta. I think I did not get an IP from the RPI4.

If I use my wireless lan network switch then I get an IP with the same Kindle setup.

The RPI is seen and has a strong signal. Renamed the AP to raspynet and password testraspi.
Then I get the error of not connecting and to try again.

Regards,

Bram
My Kindle is working right too, no connections problems to the OP access point. I am using the latest openplotter-network version 2.0.7-beta
Do you have 5G enabled?
(2019-11-25, 06:14 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-11-24, 07:43 AM)Sailabout Wrote: I do not seem to find the way to stop the display to go blank after a while of inactivity (OpenPlotter v2 beta on RPi 3, from NOOBS dated 2019-11-15).
The only function I found (OpenPlotter Settings -> Raspberry Settinsgs -> Disable Screensaver) has no effect.

ops, it seems that that "OpenPlotter Settings -> Raspberry Settinsgs -> Disable Screensaver" no longer works. This settings are changing time to time in raspbian. I will try to fix this without installing extra software.

Fixed on next update. Uninstall any screensaver program you have installed before testing.
Hi Sailoog,

I have not enabled 5G. Looking now better at the error message. "The Kindle has connected to the Wifi network, but cannot reach the internet ? Contact your internet provider ?"

I am using the latest Kindle software 5.12.

If a switch on the connection to the ethernet port to the AP. And try several times. Then I get a connection tot the RPI. But that is with the ethernet cable connected to the internet.

Connection is only a short time and goes off.

How avoid this ?. If it cannot be changed, I will try to put Linux on the Kindle.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-11-27, 01:16 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

I have not enabled 5G. Looking now better at the error message. "The Kindle has connected to the Wifi network, but cannot reach the internet ? Contact your internet provider ?"

I am using the latest Kindle software 5.12.

If a switch on the connection to the ethernet port to the AP. And try several times. Then I get a connection tot the RPI. But that is with the ethernet cable connected to the internet.

Connection is only a short time and goes off.

How avoid this ?. If it cannot be changed, I will try to put Linux on the Kindle.

Regards,

Bram

Now I have switched the connection protection code to off and it works ! DHCP on. The default switch is on after installing the software.

Not tried this before. Sorry for my fault.

Regards,

Bram
(2019-11-25, 11:26 PM)verkerkbr Wrote:
(2019-11-25, 11:09 PM)e-sailing Wrote: My Kindle has no problem with OpenPlotter AP (RPi4 Network 2.0.5 Beta).

Hi E-Sailing,

If I use my wireless lan network switch then I get an IP with the same Kindle setup.

The RPI is seen and has a strong signal. Renamed the AP to raspynet and password testraspi.

Regards,

Bram

I updated the system to 2.07-beta.
When I changed the settings to yours I also got the error.
I found that "systemctl status openplotter-network" shows errors.
The solution is to uninstall openplotter-network and install it again. (This will create a new systemd file openplotter-network.service)
Remember to always install and uninstall openplotter apps from openplotter-settings or some important post-installation and pre-uninstallation tasks could not be done.

you can also update apps from terminal:

"sudo apt install openplotter-network"

but it is not recommended
(2019-11-27, 07:43 PM)e-sailing Wrote:

Hi E-Sailing,

Regards,

Bram

The solution is to uninstall openplotter-network and install it again. (This will create a new systemd file openplotter-network.service)

Hi E-sailing, after reinstalling the network 2.07 it partly works.
Connecting to my wifi network router and then the Ip adress of the RPI 192.168.1.106 it works.
Trying to conect to the RPI. Made a connection. IP 10.10.10.1 and it only show the frames but not the data.
What is the difference between these 2 settings ?

The Kindle is watertight, wireless, touchscreen and has a very clear black and white screen for the use in direct sunlight.

Bram

(2019-11-27, 07:43 PM)e-sailing Wrote:

Hi E-Sailing,

Regards,

Bram

Hi E-sailing. Done that and it partly works.

Now I can use de data if I connect the Kindle via my wireless network router and to the network IP of the RPI.

Then tried to made the conection to the RPI direct. The connection worked.

Using the same address with then 10.10.10.1 instead
of 192.168.1.106 the Kindle only shows the frames but not the data.

I do not understand what is the difference between connecting via the wireless network router or direct.

Anyway the Kindle works but need some further adjustments.

Regards,

Bram