This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-12-04, 07:08 AM)FoxyKitty Wrote: Just installed on my RPi4 - very straightforward with the NOOBS image, thanks!

However, tide stations are not showing. I do have the HARMONIC.IDX file applied as an active data connection. Any ideas?

This is a question for opencpn developers. Please try in cruisersforum.
(2019-12-04, 11:55 AM)fishy Wrote: Just installed the latest version from scratch (on Pi4, Buster), pretty straightforward process, looking good! Thanks for that.
I find that the file manager process dies immediately after starting- is this a bug on my implementation, or a known issue?

Also, I've installed the Moitessier HAT, PyPilot and I2C, but so far failed to get any data from the HAT. The Moitessier status window finds it without problems though. Should I wait for  serial devices to get data from the HAT to OpenCPN?

Thanks for the hard work!

I have had some crash of the file manager too but I think this is a Raspbian bug. Open it from the terminal and maybe you can get some errors to help.

Next week we will start moitessier, pypilot and I2C debugging. We will have moitessier drivers for RPi4 too.
(2019-12-04, 02:47 PM)dione Wrote: I have seen that nodered, influxdb and grafana have been added
What is the way to access nodered and other programs?

I see that in signal k, to access nodered asks me for a username and password

Saludos

Install openplotter-dashboard app and there you will find access to all these programs.

Now node-red is embedded into SK and use the same credentials. This way nobody will be able to connect remotely to your node-red admin site.
(2019-12-04, 05:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 02:47 PM)dione Wrote: I have seen that nodered, influxdb and grafana have been added

Saludos

Install openplotter-dashboard app and there you will find access to all these programs.

Now node-red is embedded into SK and use the same credentials. This way nobody will be able to connect remotely to your node-red admin site.

Gracias, I have been able to enter and have imported flows that I had made. I have added functions since manage palette, and everything is correct. I need to try it with the sensors.

What is the input address for dashboard in the browser? before it was entered through localhost: 1880/ui    now?

saludos
node red dash
http://localhost:3000/plugins/signalk-no...redApi/ui/
node red admin
http://localhost:3000/plugins/signalk-node-red/redAdmin
you can also get to it from there, use the dashboard tab on the right where the info, debug tabs are then more tabs will show up under that. layout, site, theme the little square with the arrow is a link,shortcut
Using Nov 28th copy of the Noob file installed on rPi4 with 4Gig.\ updated Dec2nd

I found the setup using usb keyboard and mouse / and HDMI High res screen went well (thanks it is very cool!!!!!!)
Within the openplotter settings I checked run headless (which had a note at bottom will require a reboot)Sp?
when rebooted using a gen 7 iPad (Vnc) all looked ok but when adjusting the settings through the "raspberry pi setup" (selected from application menu) I adjusted the screen resolution down to the Ipad settings.

Bug for me
Was on reboot after changing screen resolution it would not run headless? the setting seamed to be lost.

changing it with a monitor/keyboard attached again in the "openplotter settings" application, it again allowed headless (as long as I did not adjust screen resolution in the raspberry pi setup application) it works great.
The screen resolution adjustment also seem to present some issues with opencpn (screen layout which went back to single screen)?

second Item (system k? or ?) the app will not allow the units for Signal K from the rPi4 "Pi reporting CPU temp", to be in anything other than in Kelvin (this could be my error as I just started to play with openplotter/rPi and signal K) through the "standard instruments" page/app/gui?

In any case
Thanks to all who are working on this!
(hope the above helps)

Hope I posted this in the correct spot
for the second item.. sk uses si units, the way i deal with it is to convert it with a node-red function.
(2019-12-05, 02:25 AM)Norm Wrote: Using Nov 28th copy of the Noob file installed on rPi4 with 4Gig.\ updated Dec2nd

I found the setup using usb keyboard and mouse / and HDMI High res screen went well (thanks it is very cool!!!!!!)
Within the openplotter settings I checked run headless (which had a note at bottom will require a reboot)Sp?
when rebooted using a gen 7 iPad (Vnc) all looked ok but when adjusting the settings through the "raspberry pi setup" (selected from application menu) I adjusted the screen resolution down to the Ipad settings.

Bug for me
Was on reboot after changing screen resolution it would not run headless? the setting seamed to be lost.

changing it with a monitor/keyboard attached again in the "openplotter settings" application, it again allowed headless (as long as I did not adjust screen resolution in the raspberry pi setup application) it works great.
The screen resolution adjustment also seem to present some issues with opencpn (screen layout which went back to single screen)?

second Item (system k? or ?) the app will not allow the units for Signal K from the rPi4 "Pi reporting CPU temp", to be in anything other than in Kelvin (this could be my error as I just started to play with openplotter/rPi and signal K) through the "standard instruments" page/app/gui?

In any case
Thanks to all who are working on this!
(hope the above helps)

Hope I posted this in the correct spot

What we do in "headless" setting is to add "hdmi_force_hotplug=1" in /boot/config.txt because when you do not connect a monitor, you can not connect by VNC. This annoying feature was introduced on latest versions of buster. It is possible that setting a screen resolution this config setting becomes "hdmi_force_hotplug=0" or "#hdmi_force_hotplug=1" again. I should try this.

As Jim says, SK uses a default set of units. For temperature is always kelvin. External apps and clients are in charge of conversions.
(2019-12-04, 10:41 PM)dione Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 05:17 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

Saludos

Gracias, I have been able to enter and have imported flows that I had made. I have added functions since manage palette, and everything is correct. I need to try it with the sensors.

What is the input address for dashboard in the browser? before it was entered through localhost: 1880/ui    now?

saludos

Select any app in the list you can see in openplotter-dashboards app. You will find buttons "setting, edit and show" that will redirect you to those sites you are asking for.
(2019-12-04, 05:13 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 11:55 AM)fishy Wrote: Just installed the latest version from scratch (on Pi4, Buster), pretty straightforward process, looking good! Thanks for that.
I find that the file manager process dies immediately after starting- is this a bug on my implementation, or a known issue?

Also, I've installed the Moitessier HAT, PyPilot and I2C, but so far failed to get any data from the HAT. The Moitessier status window finds it without problems though. Should I wait for  serial devices to get data from the HAT to OpenCPN?

Thanks for the hard work!

I have had some crash of the file manager too but I think this is a Raspbian bug. Open it from the terminal and maybe you can get some errors to help.

Next week we will start moitessier, pypilot and I2C debugging. We will have moitessier drivers for RPi4 too.

Turned out to be a Buster problem. At least, it went away after I did a dist-upgrade.