This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-12-28, 02:58 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: [OP2] Network 2.0.8 beta
- when you want to reset network to standard settings it is not possible to just re-install. uninstall asks for reboot but then headless working is not possible any more. 
Uninstall and reinstall without rebooting does not reset defaults.

Also when network settings are changed then AP settings are returned to standard "openplotter" + pw 1234567 rather than keeping the already set personalisations.

Comment: wouldnt it be helpful to store all these network parameters in the openplotter.conf file? headless users could then easier recover mistakes by editing this file on the SDcard directly. - just my2cent

PS: I find RaspAP (https://github.com/billz/raspap-webgui) a rather nice tool to configure the wifi but unfortunately it does not work in combination with the OP-network, just the opposite, no networking is functional anymore when RaspAP got installed.

What are standard settings? With AP or without?
Headless working is not possible any more. That's not true.
You can work headless with:
ethernet port
client wlan if router does allow connection between two wireless connected devices
usb connection to smartphone and some tablets

In the past we did save personalisation settings for network. The problem was on every boot we had tocheck if the settings differ between openplotter.conf and network settings. The result was that if someone want's to setup his own special parameter they were always killed by openplotter.

RaspAP does work nice for some cases and we are lucky that with OP2 you aren't forced to use openplotter-network.
openplotter-network has some features which aren't solved in RaspAP.
- No bridge between AP and eth (Very important If you connect to a mfd with ethernetport. And good for notebook connections (don't use this feature if you want to connct to a router))
- No support for second usb-wifi stick as AP
- No headless feature install for iphone and Ipad
- No feature for fixed IP address for usb connected android

As we understand you. It would be nice to have a failsafe feature which starts a wifi AP when fhere is for example a file "AP" in the boot directory and all other settings will be disabled to give you access to the system with an AP.
We have to think about that.
(2019-12-28, 02:58 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: OP2 I2CSensors 2.0.6beta
Check System produces strange result (and does not start on clicking open)

The latest openplotter-i2c app is not compatible with older versions. Delete any content under [I2C] tag in openplotter.conf and try again. Report please.
(2019-12-29, 04:01 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: Hi Sailoog,

everything is running perfect on my Raspberries.

Just installed OpenPlotter options on my 64 bits Linux Mint Tricia. Also running very well as a SignalK server with OpenCPN.

Now I have a 32 Linux Buster version on an another system called Sparky. OpenCPN and the most OpenPlotter add-ons are running.

Trying to install the SignalK server does not work. There is mention about NPM. Installed the NPM files. However still no working SignalK server.

Addition:

Replaced Sparky with the 32 bits Mint Tricia. Did the setup again.

Same problem. Missing some file(s)

I cannot find out what is missing in the 32 bits version.

It appears that signalK.socket seems to be missing.

Regards,

Bram

Difficult to help without more info. Please send us the error codes in a new post in bugs forum.

NPM is installed with nodejs but only if you install nodejs from the node repositories. We do this adding the node source and configuring the host system to give preference to this node repository even if the Debian version is higher. Maybe the problem is that this preference is not working on those host systems.

There are dozens of Debian flavors and we have not tested OP on all of them, just in Raspbian, Ubuntu and pure Debian.
(2019-12-28, 02:58 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: PS: I find RaspAP (https://github.com/billz/raspap-webgui) a rather nice tool to configure the wifi but unfortunately it does not work in combination with the OP-network, just the opposite, no networking is functional anymore when RaspAP got installed.

@SkipperEarly

What happens if you uninstall openplotter-network? is RaspAP working again?
Another extra of openplotter-network is that it will work not only on Raspbian soon and it seems that RaspAP is only for Raspbian.

@e-sailing

RaspAP has an uninstall feature to have all back to its place. Could we consider to add RaspAP as alternative?
Thanks e-sailing, very helpful your good explanations. (Why haven't I ever thought about usb cable connection to the tablet. worked straight away. Had tried USB connection to PC but failed - even with xover cable - great suggestion - thanks!)

Your comparisson RaspAP vs OP-networking is fine and understood - however have now
- connected VNC headless with USB cable - ok
- deinstalled OP-networking - reboot
- reinstalled OP-networking
but cannot start OP-networking, when I click >open in OP-setting or directly from menu OP-networking does not start, no hourglass etc.

Your last assumption was correct - I propose to have with the reinstall the rpi networking set back to op standard AP 10.10.10.1 with default password.

Have a great New Year - and thanks a lot to the OpenPlotter team for all your efforts and help.
(2019-12-30, 04:29 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Thanks e-sailing, very helpful your good explanations. (Why haven't I ever thought about usb cable connection to the tablet. worked straight away. Had tried USB connection to PC but failed - even with xover cable - great suggestion - thanks!)

Your comparisson RaspAP vs OP-networking is fine and understood - however have now
but cannot start OP-networking, when I click >open in OP-setting or directly from menu OP-networking does not start, no hourglass etc.

Your last assumption was correct - I propose to have with the reinstall the rpi networking set back to op standard AP 10.10.10.1 with default password.

Have a great New Year - and thanks a lot to the OpenPlotter team for all your efforts and help.

Is this still your problem?: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2098
(2019-12-29, 04:01 PM)verkerkbr Wrote: I cannot find out what is missing in the 32 bits version.

It appears that signalK.socket seems to be missing.

SignalK is not always in the same location (bug in openplotter-signalk-installer).

I changed the directory in file ~/.signalk/signalk-server

from /usr/lib to /usr/local/lib or /usr/share/lib

to get signalk running.

(2019-12-30, 04:29 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: Thanks e-sailing, very helpful your good explanations. (Why haven't I ever thought about usb cable connection to the tablet. worked straight away. Had tried USB connection to PC but failed - even with xover cable - great suggestion - thanks!)

Thanks for the reply.
Don't use USB connection between rpi and PC. PC has no otg USB interface. raspberry pi zero has otg and there it does work.
I can't try OP-network install uninstall at the moment.
Pypilot and serial apps updated.

Next stop openplotter-moitessier app, some docs work and we will publish the first stable OpenPlotter 2 version.
(2019-12-30, 07:31 PM)Sailoog Wrote:

Is this still your problem?: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2098
It appeared like being the same problem as earlier but just rebooted again (after some more trials ) and I am back to working again - Thanks for your help - will keep on testing now.
(2019-12-30, 10:36 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Pypilot and serial apps updated.

Next stop openplotter-moitessier app, some docs work and we will publish the first stable OpenPlotter 2 version.

Hi, thanks for all the great work!
I am currently testing with a MPU9250 connected, and there seems to be a problem with an offset?
In the window "alignment" from Calibration PyPilot, the boat is slowly spinning in all 3 axis.
Pitch, Roll, Heel and Heading slowly drift with a couple of degrees per minute.

On the old image (Openplotter 1.0.0) same hardware, the thing is stable.
Are more people experiencing this?