This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
OpenPlotter 2 roadmap
(2019-09-23, 05:44 PM)Sailoog Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 05:26 PM)glowntiger Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 04:34 PM)Sailoog Wrote: - when you install any app from openplotter-settings, postinstall.py file is executed after the app package installation. If you are developing, you have to install your app for testing using "sudo python3 setup.py install" and then you have to run manually the postinstall script just typing "myappPostInstall"

- startup.py files have 2 functions: "start" and "check". On system start all startup.py files of all apps are called and "start" functions are executed, then "check" functions are executed. When you click on "check system" in openplotter-settings all startups.py files of all apps are called too but only "check" functions are executed.
Is there a possibility to start the script in development? There is no entry point for the Script in Setup.py. I think I cannot start this via "sudo python Startup.py"?

- I do not understand this question: "The inputs can define in your part?" The GPIO Inputs. If I understand it right with your app you can handle the state of any gpio Input?

O.K. I delete all I have done for mcp2515 in my scripts…  Rolleyes

Yes, download openplotter-settings from github and add:

Code:
        startup = False
        try:
            from openplotterMyapp import startup
        except:pass
        if startup: self.processApp(startup)

in "starting" function in openplotterSettings/startup.py and install it with "sudo python3 setup.py install"
After installing you have to run "openplotter-startup start" or "openplotter-startup check" and your startup.py script in openplotter-myapp will be called and executed.

Handling GPIO states will be done by openplotter-actions app and you will be able to use states as trigger or actions. I guess you are thinking about your auto-shutdown feature, aren't you?

works fine.... Wink
(2019-09-23, 07:45 PM)glowntiger Wrote: If I make all config edits for the 1-wire ds2482 in the MCS-App, is it possible that your 1-wire app Handle the Sensor too?

Or should I make an own 1-wire handle in the MCS app?

The code after config 
Code:
import os

x= os.listdir("/sys/bus/w1/devices")
x.remove ("w1_bus_master1")
sensor_data=""

for i in x:
   foo = open("/sys/bus/w1/devices/"+ i +"/w1_slave","r")
   data = foo.read ()
   foo.close()
   spos=data.find("t=")
   tempx=(data[spos+2:-1])
   temp = int(tempx)/1000
   sensor_data +=i + ";" + str(temp) +","

sensor_data=sensor_data.split(",")

for i in sensor_data:
   print (i)

You need to handle the sensors readings from your app. The idea is that all apps are independent from others and openplotter-settings is the only requirement.

To do this you have to use the openplotterMyappRead.py file where you will found an example to send data to Signal K. This file have to be ran as a service at startup (see setup.py and myappPostInstall.py to see how to implement the service)
Sailoog

Above I see you have stricken off pypilot from the list but I there is no update available to enable autopilot yet only IMU data... which I believe is still not being transmitted port 52000? Is this in error?
We will go to beta without the autopilot feature and we will add it before stable stage. The IMU feature is working well for me, since I can not reproduce your error we should find out what is happening there. Please create a post in the bug forum with as more details as you can or copy your latest post about it. Add [OP2] to the post subject
Hey Sailoog,
Were did you get the Blue Icons (add, edit, delete) I need more and want to use similar ones.... ;-)
Thanks
Thomas
(2019-09-30, 06:51 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Hey Sailoog,
Were did you get the Blue Icons (add, edit, delete) I need more and want to use similar ones.... ;-)
Thanks
Thomas

Take them if you need. Now I am getting icons from here: https://www.flaticon.com
Thanks…. ;-)
a further question:
I´m a little bit confused Huh Confused
on your new i2c app you use a signalk key to be send like: 
"OPsensors.I2C."+name...

To understandable:
Must the key send conform to the signalk reference? : https://github.com/SignalK/specification...cs/keys.md
or can I send like OPsensors.1wire.Outsidetemp and map the data in signalk ?
Until now I have never used signalk  Angel 

Is there anywere a file were i can found all Keys for menü construction? In your selectKey.py there is a reference to "keyswithmetadata.json". I can not found the file? I have installed signalk...
in red
(2019-09-30, 08:52 PM)glowntiger Wrote: Thanks…. ;-)
a further question:
I´m a little bit confused Huh Confused
on your new i2c app you use a signalk key to be send like: 
"OPsensors.I2C."+name...
that is not a SK key, it is the source of the SK key. The key is "path"
The fast explanation: when SK data is converted from NMEA (0183 or 2000) the key used to define sources is "source" (https://github.com/SignalK/specification...lta-format)
but when you are creating custom data you have to use the key "$source" to define the source, as you can see in the i2c example you sent.

To understandable:
Must the key send conform to the signalk reference? : https://github.com/SignalK/specification...cs/keys.md
or can I send like OPsensors.1wire.Outsidetemp and map the data in signalk ?
You can send your own keys but it is recommended that you use the SK reference so third party applications can know what data are they dealing with.
Until now I have never used signalk  Angel 

Is there anywere a file were i can found all Keys for menü construction? In your selectKey.py there is a reference to "keyswithmetadata.json". I can not found the file? I have installed signalk...
After installing SK that file sis in /usr/lib/node_modules/signalk-server/node_modules/@signalk/signalk-schema/dist/keyswithmetadata.json
You have an example to select the SK in i2c app, let me know if you have any doubt.
Anyone else having problems getting SignalK to start in OP2? I've re-installed it a couple of times, and also tried stopping and starting the service, but I can't get it to start up.
(2019-10-06, 04:59 PM)abarrow Wrote: Anyone else having problems getting SignalK to start in OP2? I've re-installed it a couple of times, and also tried stopping and starting the service, but I can't get it to start up.

Any error in /var/log/syslog?