This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dashboard, instrumentation
Great contribution!

I have been able to finally install https://freeboard.io locally in OP v.0.9.0alpha and now is reading from signal k. That node-red-dashboard seems a nice thing to add too.

OP uses nodejs 6.x to run the signal k server and I have read that the built in node-red on raspbian jessie needs some special settings for latest nodejs versions. What nodejs version are you using?

Forget the pressure/temperature/humidity graphs included in OP 0.8.0. It was the first python approach and as you have noticed is very CPU demanding. The idea is to include as many dashboards as possible in OP 0.9.0.
(2016-10-18, 05:34 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Great contribution!

I have been able to finally install https://freeboard.io locally in OP v.0.9.0alpha and now is reading from signal k. That node-red-dashboard seems a nice thing to add too.

OP uses nodejs 6.x to run the signal k server and I have read that the built in node-red on raspbian jessie needs some special settings for latest nodejs versions. What nodejs version are you using?

Forget the pressure/temperature/humidity graphs included in OP 0.8.0. It was the first python approach and as you have noticed is very CPU demanding. The idea is to include as many dashboards as possible in OP 0.9.0.

First time around I used the included nodejs of OP 0.8 (I think 2.x?) Then I tried to change to 6.x but was getting lots of errors (especially when trying to use gpio and johhny5 nodes which are the most important for me for sensor integration) as well as multiple warnings across the board so I went back to 4.x that is supported by Node-Red and everything is smooth sailing with that. In the meantime, I dist-upgraded 0.8 to latest raspbian (with Pixel desktop) and downloaded 0.9 alpha from git and everything still works OK. Does SignalK development branch _require_ 6.x? Doesn't it work with 4.x?
(2016-10-18, 05:34 PM)Sailoog Wrote: Great contribution!

when will OP v 0.9 beta be likely available for testing?
Would also be nice to have in OP a NMEA recorder included, where the user can filter which signals get recorded at configurable intervals. The VDR plugin of OCPN could be a start but should be really in OP without the need to have OCPN running.

Viva OpenPlotter! - I like OP the more I "discover" it - can experienced users please help to enhance the documentation?
Cool Cool Cool
(2016-10-19, 09:33 AM)atsakir Wrote: First time around I used the included nodejs of OP 0.8 (I think 2.x?) Then I tried to change to 6.x but was getting lots of errors (especially when trying to use gpio and johhny5 nodes which are the most important for me for sensor integration) as well as multiple warnings across the board so I went back to 4.x that is supported by Node-Red and everything is smooth sailing with that. In the meantime, I dist-upgraded 0.8 to latest raspbian (with Pixel desktop) and downloaded 0.9 alpha from git and everything still works OK. Does SignalK development branch _require_ 6.x? Doesn't it work with 4.x?

Yes, signalk-server-node works with 4.x. I have just tested OP 0.9.0alpha with nodejs 6.x, node-red and node-red-dashboard and all seems to work right but I will back to nodejs 4.x LTS to be sure.

I will add a setting in the startup tab in OP v0.9.0 interface to choose running node-red-dashboard at startup and some bookmarks to the browser.

Thanks for pointing out this.
(2016-10-19, 12:13 PM)SkipperEarly Wrote: when will OP v 0.9 beta be likely available for testing?
Would also be nice to have in OP a NMEA recorder included, where the user can filter which signals get recorded at configurable intervals. The VDR plugin of OCPN could be a start but should be really in OP without the need to have OCPN running.

Viva OpenPlotter! - I like OP the more I "discover" it - can experienced users please help to enhance the documentation?
Cool Cool Cool

I thought this week an early alpha version would be ready but you guys don't stop proposing interesting stuff Smile

I hope next week will be ready but be careful, it will be an alpha version with not working parts yet.

kplex NMEA multiplexer has options to export to files, you could try to edit the kplex config file. I will try to add this to the openplotter interface.
does anyone have a really simple example of using Node-red to parse values out of SignalK they could share with me? I've tried to follow an example that was linked to on the previous page, but have so far have completely failed! I would be very grateful if someone could point out my mistakes here:

Code:
[{"id":"3bf0457a.73d1fa","type":"debug","z":"ccf97b24.6404f8","name":"","active":false,"complete":"payload","x":696.4285278320312,"y":37,"wires":[]},{"id":"63f7af57.9caa4","type":"json","z":"ccf97b24.6404f8","name":"JSON","x":319.77777099609375,"y":35.416656494140625,"wires":[["3bf0457a.73d1fa","5be0b963.77abf8"]]},{"id":"5be0b963.77abf8","type":"jsonpath","z":"ccf97b24.6404f8","expression":"vessels..environment.outside.temperature.value","split":false,"name":"temperature","x":509.5,"y":120,"wires":[["a5ceb7d1.7d3138","ca6f763b.694548"]]},{"id":"a5ceb7d1.7d3138","type":"debug","z":"ccf97b24.6404f8","name":"","active":false,"console":"false","complete":"true","x":676.5,"y":86,"wires":[]},{"id":"ca6f763b.694548","type":"ui_gauge","z":"ccf97b24.6404f8","tab":"dae762c9.c8f4e","name":"Gauge","group":"","order":1,"format":"{{value}}","min":0,"max":10,"x":683.5,"y":146,"wires":[]},{"id":"7132b972.4a56a8","type":"websocket in","z":"ccf97b24.6404f8","name":"Openplotter SignalK WS","server":"450531dd.271b6","client":"","x":115,"y":35.499985694885254,"wires":[["63f7af57.9caa4"]]},{"id":"dae762c9.c8f4e","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Home","icon":"dashboard","order":"1"},{"id":"450531dd.271b6","type":"websocket-listener","z":"","path":"ws://localhost:3000/signalk/v1/stream","wholemsg":"false"}]

Im running OP v0.9, node js v4.4.2 and Node-red v0.15.2

Thanks!