This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K
Thanks Johnny

So yes the IMU is detected and the data can be viewed in the calibration screen. The only noticiable difference is your sailboat in the IMU tab of the calibration window is rendering and mine is not... I know that was a reported bug so I wonder how you fixed this?

Oh and also the data is showing up in the opencpn pypilot plugin calibration window as well.

Attached Files Image(s)

Johnny is in Raspberry 3 and opengl is not enabled by default.
You are in Raspberry 4 and opengl is enabled by default. The boat is not rendered in opengl because the python package in charge of this is not working right.
(2019-10-02, 03:09 PM)rastam4n Wrote: Thanks Johnny

So yes the IMU is detected and the data can be viewed in the calibration screen. The only noticiable difference is your sailboat in the IMU tab of the calibration window is rendering and mine is not... I know that was a reported bug so I wonder how you fixed this?

Oh and also the data is showing up in the opencpn pypilot plugin calibration window as well.

I didnt know there was a bug in PyPilot, however I didn’t experience it and my PyPilot files are as I downloaded them, is it possible your PyPilot has got corrupted and maybe you could delete it and install it again. You can turn off the heading, pitch and roll
using the buttons although yours look switched on. The rest of my setup is as described in my previous post. I don’t know what differences there may be using a rpi4 as opposed to my rpi3b+. Best of luck.