This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Signal K
Finding my way around Signal K, for the first time, using Op2, Cpn5 and Buster.
I have the data from my usb gps and imu into Signal K. I get the gps data on cpn5 but not imu data. Cpn5 connection is set to TCP 10.10.10.1 port 10110. Signal K server for the imu is set to UDP port 52000, I have tried other settings unsuccessfully, any guidance would be appreciated.
As an aside, just had a weeks sailing on a friends yacht, rpi 3b+ Op1.2 Cpn5. For the first time got my basic usb sdr working properly using a homemade 1/4 wave aerial about 2m above the deck and was able see target data up to two miles distant. I think this was probably due to calibration at sea using Op1.2 sdr rather than the Cpn sdr setup.
(2019-09-29, 12:09 PM)Johnnysails Wrote: Finding my way around Signal K, for the first time, using Op2, Cpn5 and Buster.
I have the data from my usb gps and imu into Signal K. I get the gps data on cpn5 but not imu data. Cpn5 connection is set to TCP 10.10.10.1 port 10110. Signal K server for the imu is set to UDP port 52000, I have tried other settings unsuccessfully, any guidance would be appreciated.
As an aside, just had a weeks sailing on a friends yacht, rpi 3b+ Op1.2 Cpn5. For the first time got my basic usb sdr working properly using a homemade 1/4 wave aerial about 2m above the deck and was able see target data up to two miles distant. I think this was probably due to calibration at sea using Op1.2 sdr rather than the Cpn sdr setup.

Making progress with Signal K. Hadn’t set up server plugin config page, convert Signal K to NMEA 0183. Ticked the active box, together with magnetic and true compass bearing, pitch and heel and the submit box. All now showing in Cpn dashboard.
As an addendum to my previous post, I had no problem with voltage issues using a good usb cable and plugging into 2.1 amp usb onboard socket.
Hopefully we can say RTFM soon Smile
(2019-09-30, 10:50 AM)Sailoog Wrote: Hopefully we can say RTFM soon Smile

Well I can be guilty of that! But also add that I really appreciate all the hard work that goes on in developing the openplotter and opencpn platforms.
You are guilty of nothing, we have not manuals yet and it is really difficult you know how things work on this new version without this help. But you managed to make it work by yourself, this is important in terms of usability because everything should be as intuitive as possible.

Sorry for my message, trying to joke in another language can be dangerous Smile
(2019-10-01, 09:29 AM)Sailoog Wrote: You are guilty of nothing, we have not manuals yet and it is really difficult you know how things work on this new version without this help. But you managed to make it work by yourself, this is important in terms of usability because everything should be as intuitive as possible.

Sorry for my message, trying to joke in another language can be dangerous Smile

I did understand the joke Wink and I have been guilty regarding RTFM on occasions in the past. No apology needed.
(2019-09-30, 10:21 AM)Johnnysails Wrote:
(2019-09-29, 12:09 PM)Johnnysails Wrote: Finding my way around Signal K, for the first time, using Op2, Cpn5 and Buster.

Making progress with Signal K. Hadn’t set up server plugin config page, convert Signal K to NMEA 0183. Ticked the active box, together with magnetic and true compass bearing, pitch and heel and the submit box. All now showing in Cpn dashboard.
As an addendum to my previous post, I had no problem with voltage issues using a good usb cable and plugging into 2.1 amp usb onboard socket.

Are you using the Motiessier Hat or an IMU and if so which type?
(2019-10-01, 05:54 PM)rastam4n Wrote:

I’m using an InvenSense mpu-9250 on a very inexpensive board, EBay from China less than £5, it works fine. I did try another imu that was listed in the PyPilot setup but was unable to get it to work, see my post 30 July 18. I’ve never used the Motiessier hat.
(2019-10-01, 11:30 PM)Johnnysails Wrote:

I’m using an InvenSense mpu-9250 on a very inexpensive board, EBay from China less than £5, it works fine. I did try another imu that was listed in the PyPilot setup but was unable to get it to work, see my post 30 July 18. I’ve never used the Motiessier hat.

Ive got to be missing a critical step... I wonder if you could list your steps from beginning to end re: imu and signal K?

[attachment=563 Wrote:rastam4n pid='10449' dateline='1569973127'][attachment=563][attachment=564]
(2019-10-01, 11:30 PM)Johnnysails Wrote:

Ive got to be missing a critical step... I wonder if you could list your steps from beginning to end re: imu and signal K?

Of course, busy today but ASAP. As a start is all your imu data showing in PyPilot calibration screen. See screenshots.