This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost GPS mode
Can anyone suggest a cause of why I would lose GPS mode withing the OpenCPN pypilot plugin? It used to work fine and now suddenly without any changes it now does not?

My setup
I am running TinyPilot as a client to OP 1.2, my Rpi3b+ has a Motiessier Hat and pypilot within OP is disabled. 

I have recently lost the dashed heading line and the ability to use autopilot on GPS mode.

The GPS is working because my position is being shown correctly and I have good signal according to the bars on the top right of OpenCPN.
The most likely reason is that pypilot is no longer receiving gps data. Can you verify the gps sentences are being sent to pypilot on port 20220 using the opencpn nmea debugger window?
(2019-10-14, 02:09 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: The most likely reason is that pypilot is no longer receiving gps data.   Can you verify the gps sentences are being sent to pypilot on port 20220 using the opencpn nmea debugger window?

Yes it seems to be forwarding the info to 20220 in the connections tab debugger window see attached

Attached Files Image(s)

pypilot uses RMC messages for gps input.

From your screenshot the messages are in red, not blue, so likely the connection cannot be made.

Try changing the connection to "box" to 192.168.14.1 or the ip address of tinypilot.