This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show Magnetic Variance on instrument
My objective is to display the magn.variance on a remote display (e.g mobile phone with KIP instrument in browser).
OpenCPN WMM plugin shows the variance but how does it get sent to SignalK so that the navigation.magneticVariance key is set based on the current location.

My understanding is that variance is transmitted a part of the RMC sentence.
I am using moitessier hat and notice that the RMC sentence shows always 0 in the variance position.
Having tested another GPS I see the same behavior.

How can I add the value from the WMM to this RMC sentence ?
- or is there another solution to add the correct - location dependent value for the navigation.magneticVariation key ?