This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Websocket disapeared
Last week I had some issues with system generated log files that filled up my SD card. Since then, I am trying to get everything back in working order.  One thing that has gone missing is my Sigksens esp8266. It used to be there and pop up by itself, but now it's gone. I can ping it and it is on the same net as my Pi, I can get sensor info and see that it is has 3000 defined as signalk port and /signalk/v1/stream as path buy the sensor does not show up in signal K. 
Dear friends - I wonder why!

Also, the USB dongle and external network has become insanely unstable, often refusing to reconnect. (Bonus question/problem)
Don’t know what you did to cleanup the SD, but maybe the SigkSens needs to re-authenticate with a new token:
# cd /home/pi/.signalk
# signalk-generate-token -u admin -e "99y" -s security.json
And THAT Sir was next on my list, but as I saw the token I thought naaaew. It worked - thanks!
It's probably my network settings that are completely off, but when I try to run OP with an extra wifi dongle according to picture 2 here (https://openplotter.readthedocs.io/en/la...k_app.html) I get into all sorts of problems. And I am not bright enough to understand from the setup how it's supposed to be. First: If I use a dongle in adition to RPI wifi, should AP say on board OR USB? Secondly the sharing internet device should say what?
I want the dongle to provide access to the web through off site Wifi, while the onboard should have local wifi for all my esp8266s and tablet.
Been messing around with this too long now and end up loosing the websockets OR signalK server shows up as unavailable. Help me so we can set this back to solved! Thanks!
Ranur - a bitt tired...
Depends on which of the two WiFi's you want to use as AccesPoint.
I use the USB-adapter as AP; so the WiFi for personal use on the boat. At the moment the 'On Board' to connect to the outside www. In my case my ISP (at home) over wlan0.
This 'On Board' (which is not the boat but de PCB Smile  ) will be replaced whith a second USB-adapter which will be outside for better connection to marina wifi.

I know - how hard can it be right. I want it the other way around, so I have selected onboard to the left as boat internal on wlan9 and wifi external client to the right on wlan 0. Seems like the wifi sharing device for some reason was set to wlan1. Closing again - and praying to keep it that way... Thanks!