This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[closed] (op2) No connection to the Ethernet LAN
Hello, everybody, 
I have a problem with the headless version -img. 
The Pi does not connect to the Ethernet LAN with a fresh OP. If I understood the description correctly it should be different, right?
Greetings Jürgten
Angel  Entschuldigung für mein Englisch. Es ist "deepl.com english"
PN bitte auf german.  Big Grin
how are you connecting to the lan.?
it should connect with a router/switch giving it an ip address with out any config..then on that network use the ip assigned to it for access.
Hello, Jim,
The way you describe it, I understood it and carried it out.
I have copied the OS genaz new to a USB stick.
There are no devices connected to the PI.
Ethernet Lan and power are connected to the PI.
The system is not assigned an IP
Otherwise the system behaves normally. I can reach the system via WLAN and VNC as usual.
But there is no connection to the router.
It's not the router. If I use the other IMG (starting) an IP is assigned and I can connect with VNC.
Greetings Jürgen
You need the "Starting" edition. If you choose the "Headless" edition all ways of interacting remotely with OP are enabled: (SSH, Remote desktop...) but first you need to connect to the RPI so the access point is enabled and you will get an IP when you connect by wireless. But the ethernet bridge is also enabled! and this means that any computer connected to the RPi by ethernet will get an IP too. If you connect this headless image to a router they will fight for sending IPs to the network and that is not good.

So, use the "starting" edition, connect to the router by ethernet and you will find OP under openplotter.local address, no matters what IP the router has gave to OP.
Hello, Sailoog,
Thank you for your explanation.
I got the ethernet bridge thing wrong.
Well, I guess that clears things up. Smile
Greetings Jürgen
Wait... You may be right. Forget my advice about "starting" edition. You will not be able to connect without monitor because you need the remote desktop and headless option enabled. You need "Headless" edition with option "Add ethernet port to the AP" disabled.

I think we will disable this option by default in next pre-release image because connecting a computer directly to the raspberry by ethernet to get an IP is not the most common first action, it is connecting the RPI to a router at home like your case.