This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbee, EasyESP, MQTT, NodeRed, Temp
All,
Been doing what you all also are doing ... getting better at SignalK.
What I have/did so far:

- raspi + DAIsy up and running
- ESP flashed via easyESP
- Connected a Temp Sensor to ESP
- Have NodeRed up an running

What I need help with now is how to link ESP to MQTT on Raspi.
I have already read a lot, but can not get my head around certain aspects

Questions

- I have MQTT installed on my Raspi
- I have the Node Red and MQTT nodes ready, but also found a MQTT Broker in the "App Store of Node Red"
- Have my ESP on the AP of the Raspi (can configure it via browser of the Raspi
- IP address of Raspi is 192.168.86.44

1. What is the adres MQTT server? I think 192.168.86.44:1883
2. On the ESP (after flashing via EasyESP) I can configure 3 or 4 different connections to MQTT. But which one?
3. On the UI of the ESP (url 10.10.10.137) I can furthermore configure a generic heat sensor, which I see on this page as well (=the temp reading), but how to publish this to the (right MQTT)
4. And then in Node Red; how do I configure the Node? Do I use 192.168.86.44:1883? And how do I subscribe to the Temp readings?

All, again, I'm a newbie and try to understand it (every day a bit more). I see you discuss much more complex things, but see if you can help me just a bit further.

Best,

Bart

(2019-12-11, 03:27 PM)BartStevens Wrote: All,
What I have/did so far:

Questions

- I have the Node Red and MQTT nodes ready, but also found a MQTT Broker in the "App Store of Node Red"

2. On the ESP (after flashing via EasyESP) I can configure 3 or 4 different connections to MQTT. But which one?
3. On the UI of the ESP (url 10.10.10.137) I can furthermore configure a generic heat sensor, which I see on this page as well (=the temp reading), but how to publish this to the (right MQTT)
4. And then in Node Red; how do I configure the Node? Do I use 192.168.86.44:1883? And how do I subscribe to the Temp readings?

All, again, I'm a newbie and try to understand it (every day a bit more). I see you discuss much more complex things, but see if you can help me just a bit further.

Best,

Bart

More on EasyESP - https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index...le=ESPEasy
What I have/did so far:

Questions

Best,

Bart

What I have/did so far:

Questions

Best,

Bart

More on EasyESP - https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/index...le=ESPEasy

Does anybody have experience with EasyESP?
IF you are using OP2 they have not finished implementing the local MQTT server (mosquito). It is coming soon. Thats why you may have a problems.

In easy ESP I have had success with both OpenHAB and Domoticz MQTT. OpenHAB seems easier.

Here is a screen shot of my current configuration on my esp for MQTT.

The controller IP is the local address of your pi. This one I am running on my home wireless network so the IP address of the Pi running mosquito is used.

I asked the same question about MQTT and OP2 a few weeks ago. They are pretty busy and plan to get to it. In the mean time you could always use OP 1.2 which has mosquito installed.

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...6#pid10716

Attached Files Image(s)

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.p...ht=easyESP