This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinouts for pypilot keypad
It's easy enough to work out the pinouts for the LCD display and the IMU from the schematic.  I haven't yet been able to work out the pinouts for the 5- or 6-button waterproof keys.

What pins do what?
Hi
Have al look at this drawing
http://pypilot.org/wiki/lib/exe/detail.p...pinout.png

it is showing the former pinout with 5 buttens, actually you have 7 buttens

as shown in:

https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/blob/...lcd/lcd.py

lines 162, 163 and 270

so the pinout ist (GPIO BCM)

GPIO 17 = AUTO (Autopilot Standby/ON)
GPIO 27 and GPIO  22 = 1 degree +/- (Configures as smallstep)
GPIO  5 and  GPIO   6 = 10 degree +/-(Configured as bigstep)
GPIO 23 = Menu (swiches through menues to navegate in the menue use buttens 1dregree +/-)
GPIO 18 = Select (I don´t use/not working for me, if ther is a value to confirm it works pressing Menue GPIO 23 again)

Use buttens that are normaly off and switch a moment on.
Wire all buttens against ground.

Hope this helps.

Greetings
Andreas
it is also suggested to put a resistor in series with each switch. This is even safer than a single resistor shared to ground for all the switches and prevents shorting the pins if the wrong software is loaded and the pins are set to output.

There are 7 keys for the normal control, but I'm considering adding additional keys to an arduino which communicates to the raspberry on the spi port.
(2019-12-21, 03:50 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: it is also suggested to put a resistor in series with each switch.   This is even safer than a single resistor shared to ground for all the switches and prevents shorting the pins if the wrong software is loaded and the pins are set to output.

There are 7 keys for the normal control, but I'm considering adding additional keys to an arduino which communicates to the raspberry on the spi port.

Hi,
just made a prototype board with 5 switches.......
Are the buttons and nokia display are only used for TINYPILOT or can I also connect the switch pad and Nokia display also to  Raspberry 3 with OPENPLOTTER?
Which image should I use with OPENPLOTTER and PLUGIN of Pypilot?
(2019-12-21, 12:05 PM)Baltic Sailor Wrote:
(2019-12-21, 03:50 AM)seandepagnier Wrote: it is also suggested to put a resistor in series with each switch.   This is even safer than a single resistor shared to ground for all the switches and prevents shorting the pins if the wrong software is loaded and the pins are set to output.

Hi,
just made a prototype board with 5 switches.......
Are the buttons and nokia display are only used for TINYPILOT or can I also connect the switch pad and Nokia display also to  Raspberry 3 with OPENPLOTTER?
Which image should I use with OPENPLOTTER and PLUGIN of Pypilot?

It is possible to use this interface with openplotter as well.  You should run the pypilot_lcd service.   It should be supported by openplotter 2.0:
https://github.com/pypilot/openplotter-pypilot
Here is a photo of my Keepad.

Next step is to make a nicer one, autopilot is working fine in auto and wind mode. 

For me i don´t need more key´s. Deeper control I would do at the chart table with RPI or PC.

I still have to learn some more of GAIN setting and I have not tested WIND modes jet.

Greetings 
Andreas

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi,
I would like to use the 7 buttons as you have described, but it doesn’t work with "Big step" GPIO 5+6. When I looked into README it shows only 5 buttons. I am using the Tinypilot image tinypilot_21122019

README
inputs:
    gpio buttons (physical 11 12 13 15 16)
    ir remote using /dev/lirc0
    keyboard (glut only)

What do I have to do to get all buttons working?

Frank
Hi Frank
the readme is not actual.
Check the code in the file lcd.py and you see.
look at the lines 162.163.270 or arroud that.
there is were the gpio pins are defined ....
greetings
andreas
Thank you Anderas for quick answer. Just a stupid question, which editor could I use or how to I get to the editor.
I come from Sun Solaris....and retired for 10 years ago....
Thank you 
Frank
Hi Frank
you can use any editor ... in tynypilot you can use the nano editor
go to the folder with lcd.py
and type "nano lcd.py" or "or sudo nano lcd.py".

it is easyer as you yust want to look use my link in an post above
and just view the code at github in your broeser.

hope this helps .... i'm also only an amateur in this ...

save sailing
Andreas

sorry the link is not workin i guess sean has changed the files with the code
look here line 33
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/blob/...at/gpio.py
or here
https://github.com/pypilot/pypilot/blob/...hat/README