This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware Buttons
Hello!
I am in the process in building a small control unit with an integrated monitor. To be used outside in the cockpit. 
Since I do not like to use touchscreens on a boat, I want to use multiple physical buttons for the the basic functions. 
Did anyone here already build something along these lines?
Thanks and a wonderful holiday time!
Hi,
yes. I have done this with a keypad like this:
https://www.ebay.de/itm/3x4-Matrix-Exten...SwjMtcSb0P

Here you find uinput:
https://github.com/tuomasjjrasanen/python-uinput
to emulate key´s via GPIO.

Attached the Code for a pi... 

Attached Files
.zip   keypad-rpi.zip (Size: 36.49 KB / Downloads: 184)
Great Thank you. 
I will do research.

Seeing your picture: 
How did you configure OpenCPN UI to look so clean with the buttons all nicely in the top?

Thanks!
You can swipe the button bar to the top? Or what do you mean? The clear uI you can handle with the resolution of the pi...
(2019-12-27, 05:35 PM)glowntiger Wrote: You can swipe the button bar to the top? Or what do you mean? The clear uI you can handle with the resolution of the pi...

I meant the translucent icons on top of the map. My menu is opaque. Havent found a setting to change it yet.
What ocpn Version do you use?
Hello and a good new year to you.
I am using version 5.0.0 of OpenCPN with the OpenPlotter 2 beta.
On my non raspbi computer ( MacOS ) I use 5.0.1
Hello,
now that i am getin back to finisheing the configuration of my system I was wondering again how to get the buttons to be translucent.