This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PI4 - fully functional version ?
Hello,
I've started playing with openplotter in september '19 (PI4 and 2.0 version).
Now I realize that 2.0 version is not in a good level of developing, probably It will not be for the next season summer.
I need a complete versions with Multiplexer, SDR-AIS, pypilot, working and not in beta.
Do I need to downgrade to a PI3 and openplotter 1.0 or is there a PI4 solution ?
Many Thanks.
Looks just fine to me... But have faith i am sure things are moving along. They are very hard-working, dedicated developers behind this project. I have two setups 1 stable that has been on my boat working and the shiny new rp4 version that i am debugging. So far every thing is working besides 1wire, and Pypilot is in dev stage. Kplex is becoming less relevant as this can be done in SK. I do miss the Diagnostic screens for SK but that can be done in other ways too..
Don't want to sound like a complaint, on the contrary, I want to say thank you to all the developers, the users who actively participate in this amazing project. In the future I hope to be able to give my contribution when I am more experienced.

The big questions are: what is the most updated and complete version of openplotter, fully functional with autopilot and SDR-AIS? software version and hardware version ....
Can we expect 2.0 alpha for the summer ... or not?
(2019-12-27, 09:03 AM)mau Wrote: Hello,
I've started playing with openplotter in september '19 (PI4 and 2.0 version).
Now I realize that 2.0 version is not in a good level of developing, probably It will not be for the next season summer.
I need a complete versions with Multiplexer, SDR-AIS, pypilot, working and not in beta.
Do I need to downgrade to a PI3 and openplotter 1.0 or is there a PI4 solution ?
Many Thanks.

yes use a pi3 op v1.2

the pi 4 wont work with the old kerrnal on v1.2 and that is the version with every thing you want.
you could still use the pi4 for testing Smile
Did a post with SDR-AIS for RPi 4, works fine on OP V2. https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/2018/0...berry.html

Blog; https://pysselilivet.blogspot.com/
This is the state at this moment:

OpenPlotter Starting
  • OpenPlotter Settings
  • OpenCPN installer
  • Signal K installer
  • Xygrib
  • Network
  • Dashboards
  • Serial
  • CAN
  • Pypilot
  • Docs (development)

OpenPlotter Headless
  • All OpenPlotter Starting apps
  • Acces point, ssh and remote desktop enabled.
  • Docs (development)

OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT
  • Moitessier HAT (development)
  • I2C sensors configured for the HAT
  • Pypilot configured for the HAT
  • Signal K configured for the HAT
  • Docs (development)

OpenPlotter IoT
  • I2C sensors
  • 1W sensors
  • Analog sensors
  • Actions (triggers and actions like sending emails, twitter and telegram messages, GPIO, MQTT...)
  • Docs

Optional tools (this is not an image, just a list of extra tools that can be installed anytime on any image above)
  • SDR AIS
  • Kplex
  • Signal K Filter
  • MCS board
  • OpenPlotter Apps Template (development)

Pypilot is fully working from today.
Now, NMEA 0183 multiplexing is done by Signal K server. You will be able to do it with openplotter-kplex app too but having the SK way, this is not a priority right now.
openplotter-sdr app development is quite advanced too (SDR AIS and Gqrx for radio reception) and it will be the next goal.
We are going to start selling Moitessier HATs again in the middle of January so our priority right now is finishing the openplotter-moitessier app, do some documentation work and publish the stable versions of these images in few weeks:

OpenPlotter Starting
OpenPlotter Headless
OpenPlotter Moitessier HAT

Follow the development here: http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=1992
Thanks for the answers and the good news today for pypilot. I will follow 2.0 on PI4, to make myself useful I could translate some documentation into Italian as soon as it exists in English.
One question: since it was updated to 2.0.6 beta the I2C window no longer opens ... already tried to uninstall and reinstall I2C.
(2019-12-30, 08:56 PM)mau Wrote: Thanks for the answers and the good news today for pypilot. I will follow 2.0 on PI4, to make myself useful I could translate some documentation into Italian as soon as it exists in English.
One question: since it was updated to 2.0.6 beta the I2C window no longer opens ... already tried to uninstall and reinstall I2C.

The latest I2C version is not compatible with the older ones. Edit this file: /home/pi/.openplotter/openplotter.conf and delete any data under [I2C] tag and it should work again.

You can also help translating openplotter-pypilot to IT: https://crowdin.com/project/openplotter
Now It works again, thank you.