This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inverted commands in wind mode
Today I have tested last tinypilot image (21122019), works well in compass mode but in wind and absolute mode the direction command buttons (both web interface and IR remote) act in reverse: tapping right it goes left and tapping left it goes right.
Has somebody the same  problem?
(2020-01-01, 01:41 AM)webber63 Wrote: Today I have tested last tinypilot image (21122019), works well in compass mode but in wind and absolute mode the direction command buttons (both web interface and IR remote) act in reverse: tapping right it goes left and tapping left it goes right.
Has somebody the same  problem?

What do you mean by absolute mode?   Is this the pilot which uses rudder feedback?

It is maybe no surprise the buttons are reversed on wind mode.   This is because increasing the commanded wind angle has the opposite effect of increasing the desired compass heading.

In the pypilot opencpn plugin, it should at least have flipped the buttons.   I will look at this for the next version.
Thanks for reply, Sean, thank You for really great job.

Sorry, I meant not absolute (pilot) but true wind mode.

I didn’t try the plugin, only the IR remote and the web interface.

About button inversion, IMHO This behavior is a bit anti-intuitive perhaps because the wind angle is shown as a 0-360 value.

May be better a 0-180 with Port/Starboard tack indication? In this way angle to wind value would be more understandable and consequently the angle commanded, I think

Bye!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk