This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CLOSED]MPU9250 / PyPilot: values slowly drifting
Hi, thanks for all the great work!
I am currently testing with a MPU9250 connected, and there seems to be a problem with an offset?
In the window "alignment" from Calibration PyPilot, the boat is slowly spinning in all 3 axis.
Pitch, Roll, Heel and Heading slowly drift with a couple of degrees per minute.
Image is that of 16-12-2019, both on Pi3 and Pi4 I see the same drifting problem.

On the old image (Openplotter 1.0.0) on the same hardware (pi3): the thing is stable.
Are more people experiencing this?

I'll post the same text also under PyPilot...
(2020-01-01, 03:25 PM)It Paradyske Wrote: Hi, thanks for all the great work!
I am currently testing with a MPU9250 connected, and there seems to be a problem with an offset?
In the window "alignment" from Calibration PyPilot, the boat is slowly spinning in all 3 axis.
Pitch, Roll, Heel and Heading slowly drift with a couple of degrees per minute.
Image is that of 16-12-2019, both on Pi3 and Pi4 I see the same drifting problem.

On the old image (Openplotter 1.0.0) on the same hardware (pi3): the thing is stable.
Are more people experiencing this?

I'll post the same text also under PyPilot...

I'm seeing a similar behaviour. Reset the calibration of the IMU and set the boat to level and then slowly the heel value increases (about .1 degrees to starboard every 10 minutes or so). Before calibration the vales show at 90 degrees, calibrate and then slowly returns to the original value
there is already a thread on this topic closing this one

http://forum.openmarine.net/showthread.php?tid=2210